New unlock screen

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by FishMann, Dec 11, 2009.

1. iiimegamaniii

iiimegamaniii Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No strong feelings here--just was surprised that I don't have the new one after getting the update. I personally like the old / current one I have. But like people have said, why not give folks a choice? <shrug>

- Mega

2. Rewlaz

Rewlaz New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh my....thought I was the only one thinking how much I hate the new unlock screen. The clock is driving me nuts too, I hate that it's not centered.:icon_evil:

3. iiimegamaniii

iiimegamaniii Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have Weather Widgets - Donate & Home++ Things are still where they were prior to the update (nice & centered).

- Mega

4. boatman2220

boatman2220 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I guess I've just gotten used to it. I did like the semi -circle. Myself I like the vibration when you push, it means it's ready. I did notice on the old on, sometimes it wouldn't unlock without just the proper touch. Now it buzzes and it's ready to slide.

5. styleznma

styleznma New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I want the rotatary unlock button back, I like the new font and time location. Thought I was nuts when the vib seemed different, I liked it sutile, on a plus note I really like that the picture frame, utube, and music widgets sport a dark grey color no. More gotty white.imo

6. currahee474

currahee474 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What?

It would be great if the semi-circle had the new update date/time screen + vibration. That would be the bees knees

7. Underdog311

Underdog311 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think the new unlock screen is much better looking then the old rainbow version - definitely happy with it. What I do not like is the added vibration feedback, but I will get used to it.

8. mwinne

mwinne Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I like the looks of the new screen much better, but I do feel that the arc was a more natural movement, for me, than the straight line. It was much easier to unlock one handed with the old motion. I find myself having to try more than once with the new one, but all in all no big deal.

9. dro0g

dro0g New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I like the new unlock screen. I thought the curved unlock was a bit difficult to use.

I wish they had included an option to get rid of it entirely though - Having to hit the power button and then the unlock is kind of annoying. I've been using a widget called Screenmode to disable the lock so the phone can be woken up just by pressing the power button. I wish it auto woke up when removed from the holster too, that was a very nice feature on the Blackberry I had.

10. Bad Newz

Bad Newz New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I like the old one better. I didn't even notice the clock until I saw people here complaining about it.

11. mack38

mack38 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I really don't like the new unlock screen because the pattern is too low on the screen and can't be relocated. I could deal with horizontal motion if we had an option to put it at a comfortable position. That's why I prefer the 2.0 unlock screen. And I'm not sure what type of magical fingers others have, but using an arc motion on the horizontal screen does not unlock it.
    Someone mentioned an unlock screen with customizable app slots...that sounds pretty cool.
    I hope we get better options soon.

12. Googleaddict

Googleaddict Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm fine with it