Roundup of Gingerbread update issues (with solutions where available)

glitch335

Reaction score
Hi, new to this forum and new to my Droid Pro in the UK.

The issues I am currently experiencing are;
Keyboard lights up when it feels like it.
Annoying keyboard issue when typing it often insterts 2-3 of the same character even though I pressed the key once.
The 3G signal stats in the top stays at 1 bar all the time and sometimes drops to no bars even though in the settings menu the signal is actually really good, some apps don't like this and state a network issue.

Thanks

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

Asbury Juke

Reaction score
OK, so technically this isn't a solution, it's more of a report.

As of a couple of days ago, my dashboard bluetooth started working properly again. I didn't do anything, the calls just started going through the first time. Also, my personal ring tones started working, except that I had to re-assign the tones to the particular callers.

Still no solution on my slide lock that disappeared.

He giveth and he taketh away. As strangely as the bluetooth problem righted itself, it went back to not putting the call through on the first try unless I manually open the phone to the contacts list. Sort of defeats the purpose of having a wireless option, doesn't it?

It's official, never again for a motorola product.

bertannl

Reaction score
CDMA Mode

How do I make sure mine is in CDMA Mode. Sorry but i'm new to the droid world and my battery life is not what I expected it to be.

mbd4524

Reaction score
I think I am finally done with my DROID pro. Since GB I have not enjoyed my phone at all. Just one problem after then next.
I wish there another option with the same form as the pro but there isn't.
I am going to try out the incredible 2 (I need a global phone).

dot9000

Reaction score
For keyboard that goes dark, I push the button that makes it go to sleep, then push again right away. Irritating, yes. My bf had the freezing issue. Verizon changed setting for the word suggest thing (turned it off) because it stored so many words it bound up the pro. They emptied the words out of it and now it's fine. Sorry if my descriptions are weird, I'm not all that technical. :)

badcat

Reaction score
For keyboard that goes dark, I push the button that makes it go to sleep, then push again right away. Irritating, yes. My bf had the freezing issue. Verizon changed setting for the word suggest thing (turned it off) because it stored so many words it bound up the pro. They emptied the words out of it and now it's fine. Sorry if my descriptions are weird, I'm not all that technical. :)

I still have the keyboard backlight issue as well. And I work around it the same way you do. :p I've done a couple of hard resets and that fixed all of my GB related issues except for the keyboard backlight and the occasional Bluetooth problem (drops the BT connection to the car) with my cars Nav/Hands Free system.

rbtnt

Reaction score
GB fixed most of the issues on my Pro. I have the keyboard backlight problem that Verizon says they have not heard about even though I have called in 3 times to report it. If they would fix the keyboard problem, I would be happy with my Pro.