New OS update for Pro?

Neaner

Reaction score
I haven't gotten the update either. I am running a stock pro and im in the U.S.

I'm going to try the battery pull and see if that works.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

OP
spydergirl

spydergirl

Reaction score
You can get the update directly from your phone. Go to > Settings > About Phone > System Updates. It will walk you through the steps for the OS update.

Neaner

Reaction score
System update is grayed out.

OP
spydergirl

spydergirl

Reaction score
Hrmmm........ Then try the battery-removal reboot. Also make sure you dial the *228 / option 2 update at least every 30 days. Try that as well.

google123

Reaction score
To those for whom the update does not show up, I saw post on android forums that stated go into settings>data manager>data delivery>social applications and then uncheck the option to update social networks over wifi only. I also had rooted and then uprooted and the update did not show up on my device until I cleared this checkbox. Clear that option then go back to system updates and check for the update again. Good luck with getting the update installed because mine still wont work. Im not sure if my update fails because of the Droid 2 bootstrap that I installed.

Neaner

Reaction score
Thanks 123...system update still grayed out.

StingRay

Reaction score
Only other thing I've read about other than 123's fix was to make sure you're not roaming or to dial *228 as spydergirl suggested....:confused:

reboot or batt pull after any of those changes as well....

mbd4524

Reaction score
Only other thing I've read about other than 123's fix was to make sure you're not roaming or to dial *228 as spydergirl suggested....:confused:

reboot or batt pull after any of those changes as well....

Hopefully, the roll-out has not been completed yet...

mbd4524

Reaction score
Thanks 123...system update still grayed out.

Have you gotten your yet? Still no luck here. Tried calling Motorola. Waste of time.

flash24

Reaction score
The update is totally worth it...phone call has improved and the device is even faster.

androzza

Reaction score
Has anybody who has rooted been able to get this to install?

I can't tell if the issues some people are reporting is a result of being rooted, or a result of having deleted applications or done other things to the phone once rooted...

Was rooted and updated with no major issues at the time (had to reroot after) although the phone seems be prone to rebooting now. Still trying to isolate the cause(s). I'm not 100% confident the reboots weren't happening prior to the update - I've only had phone for about a week.

I'm following up on my post here... I had no troubles besides having to re-root. I also haven't noticed any obvious improvements either, but the update did stick.

jhumbo

Reaction score
The update is totally worth it...phone call has improved and the device is even faster.

I don't know that I've noticed it being any faster, but I definitely agree that call quality has improved.

Neaner

Reaction score
Have you gotten your yet? Still no luck here. Tried calling Motorola. Waste of time.[/QUOTE]

.......nope still haven't gotten the update. I live in a rural area so* 228 doesn't work either. I will try again when I drive to an area that I know is able to receive better.

DroidToro

Reaction score
Is there a way to disable nag screen?

I checked to see if an update is available and it went ahead and downloaded without asking. Now it bugs me every hour asking if I want to upgrade. I'm one of those "if it ain't broke" types. I did root the phone, because I felt that a non-rooted phone is "broke", but don't see how anything is going to be better with this update. I have no complaints about call quality nor speed. All in all, I'd rather update when the build has had time to bake and things are quiet at work so I can afford time to diddle and fix stuff.

Anyone know how to disable the nag prompt?

Edit: Nag prompt seems to be decreasing in frequency to once a day. Someone was thinking :) . I'm also reading that the update is not so bad. I was thinking it might prevent root. I'll probably let it through in the second week of the year when I'm not so crazy at work.