New Update Panorama Assist Missing

byoshi22

Reaction score
New Update Picture modes missing

After the software update for my DROID pro I noticed that when I open the camera I no longer have a "picture modes" options when i hit the menu button. The effect ans scenes options are still there but no picture modes. Its frustrating because I like to take panoramas. Is anyone else experiencing this and is there any solutions that don't involved downloading some other camera app.

Last edited:

kjjb0204

Reaction score
What options do you see when you hit menu while in camera? I see from left to right -

Picture Modes - Tags - Settings

OP
B

byoshi22

Reaction score
Mine only shows tags and settings. Picture modes is completely gone.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

OP
B

byoshi22

Reaction score
Yup yup

kjjb0204

Reaction score
If you go into settings > applications > manage applications > all what's the version number for the Camera app? No idea if it would make any difference, just curious if it's different than mine. 2.2.1. Thinking of that now, that's the froyo version, so your app is probably the same, but still, just curious.

Maybe someone can post up the 2.2.1 camera apk or can you find it out there somewhere and try to install? Other than that, I would just factory reset. I'm rooted, so backing up settings and homescreens is easy and a factory reset is simple. For some, it's a big PITA.

heyyclifford

Reaction score
From what i rmember the droid pro never had the panormic option..... am i mistaken?

Sent from my DROID PRO

google123

Reaction score
My Pro has Panorama Assist and I'm on the latest 3.8.7.whatever update....

IRTEdza

OP
B

byoshi22

Reaction score
Thanks guys for all your help. I went to settings-applications-manage apps-all-camera and then I cleared the app data. And it works now. Thanks.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
:( mine doesnt look like that

Sent from my DROID PRO

Mine never did either. I've always only had options for "Tags" and "Settings" when I push the menu button, and I'm on version 2.2.1 for the camera app with the latest system update installed. But I did what byoshi22 said - settings-applications-manage apps-all-camera and then I cleared the app data - and the "Picture Modes" option is now there when I hit the menu button.

Thanks to the OP for bringing this up. It's always great to find a new feature.

heyyclifford

Reaction score
:( mine doesnt look like that

Sent from my DROID PRO

Mine never did either. I've always only had options for "Tags" and "Settings" when I push the menu button, and I'm on version 2.2.1 for the camera app with the latest system update installed. But I did what byoshi22 said - settings-applications-manage apps-all-camera and then I cleared the app data - and the "Picture Modes" option is now there when I hit the menu button.

Thanks to the OP for bringing this up. It's always great to find a new feature.

:) woootwooot! Great advice! It worked for me too! thank you very much

Sent from my DROID PRO

OP
B

byoshi22

Reaction score
Im glad I could help. thanks for all the help and id like to personally thank kjjb0204

kjjb0204

Reaction score
Im glad I could help. thanks for all the help and id like to personally thank kjjb0204

I get more help than I give, so it's good to be able to reciprocate once in a while.

Cratos

Reaction score
Had the same problem thanx for the info, back in business :)

Sent from my DROID PRO using Tapatalk