New OS update for Pro?

androzza

Reaction score
I'm following up on my post here... I had no troubles besides having to re-root. I also haven't noticed any obvious improvements either, but the update did stick.

I've now been using the update for a few days, and battery life is at least as good as before (possibly better), voice quality is much improved, and I've had zero stability issues. I'm rooted, but haven't deleted any stock apps or done anything else too unusual.

substanceneil

Reaction score
Update manually

Second request for information on how to upgrade the DROID pro firmware manually. I am using a non-stock Droid Pro on a different non-Verizon network and cannot update.

I do have a horrible problem with outgoing voice quality that I believe is related to some sort of software noise reduction issue. I get perfect quality using Bluetooth or a wired headset. I love this phone but hate that I can only use a headset to talk.

I am hopeful that a firmware update will do the trick.

n

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The update is totally worth it...phone call has improved and the device is even faster.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

Second request for information on how to upgrade the DROID pro firmware manually. I am using a non-stock Droid Pro on a different non-Verizon network and cannot update.

I do have a horrible problem with outgoing voice quality that I believe is related to some sort of software noise reduction issue. I get perfect quality using Bluetooth or a wired headset. I love this phone but hate that I can only use a headset to talk.

I am hopeful that a firmware update will do the trick.

n

Someone will have to pull the update.zip off of their sdcard that has a custom recovery. Until that happens, or until the file is released on google code, no go.

substanceneil

Reaction score
The droid pro is very popular for the internatinal market using non verizon networks. I hope motorola or a user will come up with a way to manually update.

pilotrose

Reaction score
I know a guaranteed way to update your phone. If you flash your phone with the latest Droid Pro SBF File, it will update your phone to 2.26.60, the only problem is, it will hard reset your phone.

Search around the forums for Droid Pro SBF and you'll find a link.

substanceneil

Reaction score
I have a lot of reading to do on how to use an SBF file... but a general question:

Can I back up my existing DROID PRO state (including settings, apps, etc) before making any changes? I worry most about bricking this phone, as it was not purchased from Verizon and does not come with any sort of warranty. Besides, this sort of thing usually voids a warranty anyway.

If I am confident that I can reliably restore my phone its existing (working) state, I'd more more comfortable with an SBF upgrade.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Right now the only way to back anything system related up is to root the phone, install rom manager, install bootstrap, then follow the info in rom manager to make a backup.

However, if something happens during the sbf (power outage, USB cable unplugged) then it may leave your phone in complete disrepair, as screwing up an sbf flash can render the phone unusable.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

thrashertm

Reaction score
How do I find out when there is a new OS update to download / update on my phone? Just wondered if - when it is available - an OS update will help to eventually iron out some of the frustrating kinks and improve battery life and other functions.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

The new update dramatically improved my call audio quality.

DroidToro

Reaction score
I bit the bullet and allowed the update. Seems to be working okay. Have not made calls yet and can't notice if it's faster.

Phone was rooted with Z4. I deleted the cityid app, amazon mp3 but can't remember if I deleted other bloat.

Had to run Z4 twice to root again.

maxim730

Reaction score
Hi,

When I go to System Updates , I get a message stating "update is not available at this time. check again later"

I have not rooted my phone. I think I removed one or two of teh default apps that came with the phone, and installed additional apps from the marketplace.

My current phone ver is at 2.26.2.xt610