New member having many frustrating problems with Droid

mr_tigolbitties

Reaction score
My name is Patrick, I'm from Mattoon,IL and am currently on vacation in Ft. Lauderdale, FL and am having a couple issues with my phone. It would not call out until I restarted it then now when I get a text or just randomly the phone shuts off and restarts. WTF? I was using Handcent and just had recently received the update but uninstalled the app and went back to Messaging and the phone is still slow and lagging horribly and just restarts. Any ideas as to wtf could be happening?

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My name is Patrick, I'm from Mattoon,IL and am currently on vacation in Ft. Lauderdale, FL and am having a couple issues with my phone. It would not call out until I restarted it then now when I get a text or just randomly the phone shuts off and restarts. WTF? I was using Handcent and just had recently received the update but uninstalled the app and went back to Messaging and the phone is still slow and lagging horribly and just restarts. Any ideas as to wtf could be happening?

try doing *228 then option 2. Then pull the battery and RBR for safe keeping. see if that helps. If not go to your nearest VZW store in Ft. Lauderdale and get a replacement.

BTW I am from South Florida.....i miss home sometimes...remember to try Tom Jenkins BBQ while you are in town. It's the best in the state :)

OP
M

mr_tigolbitties

Reaction score
Thanks man that seemed to clear it up everything is working a lot smoother now. Should have known that would need to be done.

boatman2220

Reaction score
Welcome, read all the reviews on apps. Some may not play well with Droid. Most of the phones that had to be replaced started restarting and shutting down shortly after they were first used. (Mine was one ) I got a replacement and things work smooth. Delete apps IF it's still giving problems, and see how it does then. If it continues to shutdown and restart, get it replaced.