Droid X2: Summary of Problems

Kennykbe

Reaction score
i to have the click when the camera turns on...IF it turns on. My camerasoftware seems screwy. Because of the bad placement of the shutter I constanly open the options tab and if I touch the effects tab the phone will lock up for about 10 sec then exit camera. This is only once in a while. Another problem is that every third or fourth time I unplug it from the charger the battery indicator stays in charging mode. I have to power down to clear it. This phone is 3 weeks old from Verizon.

Valknut

Reaction score
Im on my 2nd X2 and can't stand it it lags. Turns itself on then off. Freezes up on me constantly and to top all this off the first had the same problems. I think I know what to use for target practice.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

OP
D

devedsmith

Reaction score
I finally got the update to Gingerbread and I'm afraid that I still have all of the same problems... except that they are a bit faster. Faster to crash, faster to re-boot... which I have to do often. I even have a new problem... the Camcorder app will only record about 20 seconds, then it freezes for about 5 seconds, then starts recording again. Junk, junk JUNK.

patriotgirl

Reaction score
Man-SUCH good news

I had my X2 for exactly one month when it crapped out. Showed "No Service" and stayed in airplane mode and couldn't even go back to factory defaults.

I took it in and also complained about how it works when it does work. SO SO SO the cust. service rep and manager at Verizon "taught me" that there's a big learning curve and YOU HAVE TO seek out a bunch of aps from the internet to replace the stupid, clumsy, ugly aps it comes with!

Plus, of course I am only getting a refurb for replacement, which I was told gets tested a lot!! Well, hope it's tested better than a NEW one!!!!:rating01:

magman

Reaction score
odd love my x2 only gripe i got is needs to be louder and what do u mean by camara clicks?

OP
D

devedsmith

Reaction score
@magman: There is a distinct pop/click as the camera activates. I think I speak for most people who notice it that if the camera actually performed better (i.e. took a picture when you tapped/pressed the button, saved ALL photos/videos, etc.) I think the pop/click would not really matter. Overall, I really liked the camera on my Droid X better. This one, as far as photo quality, seems to be more like a "1995 webcam". No matter what the resolution of the camera, if the color and quality are not there, the camera is crap. This one is crap. The worst part of this is that on the DX2 they removed the physical camera shutter button. I don't use my camera half as much as I used to. And, it's a deal-breaker for me. Touch-screen shutter buttons are a waste. The designer who pushed that through the system should be ... well, I would fire them on the spot... and then push them down a stairwell.

OP
D

devedsmith

Reaction score
As a quick roundup of my first post, most of the time I just leave my phone off. It's so slow that I just can't use it. The newest problem is that music just starts playing randomly throughout the day AND NIGHT. I have to leave my phone off unless I'm going to make a call or tether it to my Xoom. Compared to the DX2, the Xoom, or a lumpy piece of granite, is flawless.

MistaWolfe

Reaction score
Not sure if you guys have heard, but there is a little site called "XDA Developers" and they have these things called "Custom ROMS" that make your phone run "awesome" - here is a link. I know you guys have the famed developer "CJJohnson" (*laughs*) but this strange "XDA" site has a couple guys that make this phone run real nice. One guy even ports (gasp!) Atrix ROMS (2.3.4) to the X2. Another, named Nitroglycerine, makes almost blurfree AOSP ROMS called Eclipse. Give it a shot!

Wake up Droid X2 Android Development - xda-developers

Trip3601211

Reaction score
these are MY issues with this phone. This is a nonrooted stock fresh from the fedex guy with absolutely NOTHING downloaded, NO apps! This is the stock camera app. Now dont get me wrong. Sometimes this doesnt happen. But if you back out and click it again, maybe one more time, maybe two...IDK sometimes itll be right when I unlock the phone off bat...look at those cut out lookins things on the side? isnt that boarder supposed to be full. As well as the flash option that pops up, isnt that supposed to be full blue? Oh yeah thats right, just tried it now and it is. Hahaha Ill bet in three minutes itll look like the pictures you see? How do I know? Ive been testing it for 8 hours now...whatcha think people? software? hardware? IDK.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

MuscleDroids

Reaction score
I've had this phone since release and now my first issue is the phone heats up for no reason and my battery will drain within 4 hours just from sitting in my pocket.

Trip3601211

Reaction score
So I'm the only one with this camera issue huh? Weird considering this is the 2nd one I've had with the EXACT same problem...first one was the same! (no downloads, no apps!) I'm assuming no one has a legitiment reason for this issue either...hmmm looks like guna have to hit up VZW again today! GOD IM SOOO SICK OF THESE MOTOROLA/VERIZON PHONES! ALL GARBAGE!!! :cus:

Reaction score
So I'm the only one with this camera issue huh? Weird considering this is the 2nd one I've had with the EXACT same problem...first one was the same! (no downloads, no apps!) I'm assuming no one has a legitiment reason for this issue either...hmmm looks like guna have to hit up VZW again today! GOD IM SOOO SICK OF THESE MOTOROLA/VERIZON PHONES! ALL GARBAGE!!! :cus:

It is a software issue. Use a third party camera app. Replacing your phone is a waste of time for this and just risks getting a crappy "like new" replacement.

Trip3601211

Reaction score
wow...seriously? How could motorola/verizon push this update out if it ruins the software so much to the point where you have a junk camera? I would have to say the camera is a MAJOR thing on your phone thats put to use...especially if you have kids. Even the quality of the pictures I take...complete garbage. And whats with the "Click" on the inside of the phone when you start up the camera app? weird man...these people playing with this technology are morons. Don't you have to be "smart" to make a "smartphone" seems to me they must have thought they were making "stupidphones" Anyone know if a new software update is coming soon to the DX2? Can only hope that helps and doesnt bring more issues as I'm sure it probably will...

Last edited by a moderator:

nubia

Reaction score
Here is just a quick rundown of the problems I'm having on the "X2" that I did NOT have on my Droid X:

• Can't edit contacts: when tapping a contact, I get the home screen
  • General Slowness/Responsiveness
  • Loses wifi connection constantly, have to turn it off and then back on (in many different wifi locations)
  • Browser crashes in a wide variety of situations
  • Phone app crashes or does not respond to taps (very embarrassing)
  • No camera button (WTF?)
  • Difficult to use shutter icon because that's where you tap to open options - this was my iphone deal-breaker - just plain stupid
  • Some videos don't save or get corrupted
  • Photo gallery crashes and is slow (shows facebook photos from friends?!?! WTF?)
  • Screen animations repeat for single actions and often kill the app
  • Back button leaves screen white when leaving youtube
  • Hardware buttons are hard to press - VERY.
  • Battery life is half that of the DROID X (on Liberty)
  • When on wifi web sites will stop responding, switching to 3G fixes it
  • Hyperlink taps will occasionally be ignored - they highlight but the browser does not respond
  • Flash occasionally does not run when tapped (see above)
  • Phone restarts randomly - sometimes in the middle of an app or call
  • Noticeable click (clunk?) sound when starting camera app
  • Browser crashes when closing windows - every time
  • Occasionally does not wake-up/unlock forcing me to pull the battery
  • Keyboard stops responding - mostly no spacebar or backspace

Anyone else experiencing an unusual amount of problems with the "X2" that they did not have on any other Droid? Perhaps this is just the abomination that is Froyo?

Dave I had the DROID X. And the x2. I liked both but have wanted this bionic since I heard about it. In regards to the list of issues you had /having with your x2, I didn't experience 99%of them. It seems that the only one I really had was the occasional self reboot. I think that is a problem with ALL x and x2's. Or possibly all androids. I have had it happen to this bionic..... Best of luck.
I am VERY happy with this BIONIC.....

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Trip3601211

Reaction score
Not bashing or hating, but figured a reply to this topic would be easier then starting a whole new thread. But anyways; Is anyone having a problem in the market where in "your apps" it shows installed and not installed? In my not installed list I have google search and verizon navigator for droid x2. If anyone does or did, would greatly appreciate a respond as to this minor issue. Thanks :)