Droid X2: Summary of Problems

Discussion in 'Droid X2 Tech Support' started by devedsmith, Jul 21, 2011.

1. xmguy

xmguy Active Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I don't get how 3 NEW DX2's can have the EXACT SAME ISSUES!

2. Chubbydog

Chubbydog Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the tip. Quickpic is so much better than the gallery on this phone.

3. devedsmith

devedsmith Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Agreed! Quickpic is MUCH better. Simple while having all the features I need.

4. Kennykbe

Kennykbe New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i to have the click when the camera turns on...IF it turns on. My camerasoftware seems screwy. Because of the bad placement of the shutter I constanly open the options tab and if I touch the effects tab the phone will lock up for about 10 sec then exit camera. This is only once in a while. Another problem is that every third or fourth time I unplug it from the charger the battery indicator stays in charging mode. I have to power down to clear it. This phone is 3 weeks old from Verizon.

5. Valknut

Valknut New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Im on my 2nd X2 and can't stand it it lags. Turns itself on then off. Freezes up on me constantly and to top all this off the first had the same problems. I think I know what to use for target practice.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

6. devedsmith

devedsmith Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I finally got the update to Gingerbread and I'm afraid that I still have all of the same problems... except that they are a bit faster. Faster to crash, faster to re-boot... which I have to do often. I even have a new problem... the Camcorder app will only record about 20 seconds, then it freezes for about 5 seconds, then starts recording again. Junk, junk JUNK.

7. patriotgirl

patriotgirl New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Man-SUCH good news

I had my X2 for exactly one month when it crapped out. Showed "No Service" and stayed in airplane mode and couldn't even go back to factory defaults.

I took it in and also complained about how it works when it does work. SO SO SO the cust. service rep and manager at Verizon "taught me" that there's a big learning curve and YOU HAVE TO seek out a bunch of aps from the internet to replace the stupid, clumsy, ugly aps it comes with!

Plus, of course I am only getting a refurb for replacement, which I was told gets tested a lot!! Well, hope it's tested better than a NEW one!!!!:rating01:

8. magman

magman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    odd love my x2 only gripe i got is needs to be louder and what do u mean by camara clicks?

9. devedsmith

devedsmith Member

Ratings:
    +0
    @magman: There is a distinct pop/click as the camera activates. I think I speak for most people who notice it that if the camera actually performed better (i.e. took a picture when you tapped/pressed the button, saved ALL photos/videos, etc.) I think the pop/click would not really matter. Overall, I really liked the camera on my Droid X better. This one, as far as photo quality, seems to be more like a "1995 webcam". No matter what the resolution of the camera, if the color and quality are not there, the camera is crap. This one is crap. The worst part of this is that on the DX2 they removed the physical camera shutter button. I don't use my camera half as much as I used to. And, it's a deal-breaker for me. Touch-screen shutter buttons are a waste. The designer who pushed that through the system should be ... well, I would fire them on the spot... and then push them down a stairwell.

10. devedsmith

devedsmith Member

Ratings:
    +0
    As a quick roundup of my first post, most of the time I just leave my phone off. It's so slow that I just can't use it. The newest problem is that music just starts playing randomly throughout the day AND NIGHT. I have to leave my phone off unless I'm going to make a call or tether it to my Xoom. Compared to the DX2, the Xoom, or a lumpy piece of granite, is flawless.

11. MistaWolfe

MistaWolfe Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Not sure if you guys have heard, but there is a little site called "XDA Developers" and they have these things called "Custom ROMS" that make your phone run "awesome" - here is a link. I know you guys have the famed developer "CJJohnson" (*laughs*) but this strange "XDA" site has a couple guys that make this phone run real nice. One guy even ports (gasp!) Atrix ROMS (2.3.4) to the X2. Another, named Nitroglycerine, makes almost blurfree AOSP ROMS called Eclipse. Give it a shot!

Wake up Droid X2 Android Development - xda-developers

12. Trip3601211

Trip3601211 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    these are MY issues with this phone. This is a nonrooted stock fresh from the fedex guy with absolutely NOTHING downloaded, NO apps! This is the stock camera app. Now dont get me wrong. Sometimes this doesnt happen. But if you back out and click it again, maybe one more time, maybe two...IDK sometimes itll be right when I unlock the phone off bat...look at those cut out lookins things on the side? isnt that boarder supposed to be full. As well as the flash option that pops up, isnt that supposed to be full blue? Oh yeah thats right, just tried it now and it is. Hahaha Ill bet in three minutes itll look like the pictures you see? How do I know? Ive been testing it for 8 hours now...whatcha think people? software? hardware? IDK.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

Search tags for this page

droid x2 problems

droid x2 trouble shooting
droid x2 troubleshooting
motorola droid x2 issues
motorola droid x2 problems
motorola milestone x2 problems
motorola milestone x2 troubleshooting
motorola x2 problems
problems with motorola droid x2
troubleshooting droid x2