X2 post GB update...some issues

greycobalt

Reaction score
A few questions I've had before, but I'm not sure I'd GB was intended to fix them or not.

First, the keyboard quite often just stops working. I can type, I get haptic feedback, the spellcheck shows what I'm typing, but it wont show up in the edit box. I'm using smart keyboard pro at the moment, but this has happened with stock and swype also. any ideas? it makes me sad. :(

Second, occasionally it will lag horrifically bad. takes 2 seconds or so to slide from home page to page, a few yo open apps that otherwise start up quicker. it either takes a reboot or a miracle to fix it. is this known also or is this some app screwing with me?

Third, phone calls behave erratically. I have the moto quick-tasks set up to be speed dials for my favorites. sometimes, they stop responding. touching them does nothing, going into the dialer does nothing, it just wont call. this takes a reboot to fix, or, very rarely, after a minute or so, it will start doing all the tasks I pressed almost like they were queued up, and I end up with 4 phone calls happening at once that the phone wants me to merge into a conference. boggling.

any ideas? I would love any assistance you guys can offer. I'm so so so tired of getting new handsets and setting everything up again. I just want this one to work!!! thanks. :)

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Snow02

Reaction score
I know it's inconvenient, but try a factory reset if you haven't done one after the update. Verizon is going to have you do one before anything else anyways.

OP
greycobalt

greycobalt

Reaction score
I did. :( Twice actually. I was running Affinity, so I flashed back to stock, factory reset and wiped all data/cache (even from the SD card). Then I updated it to GB, factory reset and wiped all that with the card again, and then went from there.

PhotoMaster

Reaction score
I'm having the same issues, and I have done factory reset twice. Also having issues with clocks. I am starting a topic on the clock problem.

OP
greycobalt

greycobalt

Reaction score
Yeah the keyboard one is happening very frequently and driving me pretty batty. The contact one is the second worst. Grr for problems!

PhotoMaster

Reaction score
Also I have been losing all of my Dr's appointments, since the phone and my Gmail calendar refuse to sync!!

Edit: Problem Fixed! I had to recreate all the appointments as gmail calendar appointments and not phone calendar appointments. (Top drop down menu when creating an appointment.) Then deleted all the green appointments (phone calendar).

Last edited:
OP
greycobalt

greycobalt

Reaction score
Ok, the keyboard thing? Driving me beserk. Like near blind-rage levels. Why won't it type!? /sob

My grandfather had to go to the hospital today so I was fielding a bevy of calls/texts from all over the family and half the time I couldn't call anyone because the tap refused to dial, and half the time I couldn't type because the keyboard was flipping me off. NEVER have I been so tempted than today to toss my phone into the toilet.

PhotoMaster

Reaction score
Between 6 phones and 25+ factory resets, the toilet sounds like the best option. Since Verizon won't address anything , I am leaving Verizon when my contract is up. Sprint is sounding real good right now!

OP
greycobalt

greycobalt

Reaction score
So some form of system lag is linking these problems together. I have NO idea how or why, so maybe some snappy smart person can help, because I'm clueless.

When I try to dial someone and it doesn't register, it lasts for 5 minutes or so. During that time, I also notice my keyboard won't type what I'm inputting. Suddenly, while I'm rage smacking the keyboard, every dial I've tried to make will happen at once, AND all the gibberish I've tried to type shows up in the box I was editing. Why does it do this?!

It's seriously beyond defective. It makes me want to curl into a little ball and cry.

PhotoMaster

Reaction score
Yup. Got the lag too. I end up pulling out the battery when this happens.