Need urgent help! Droid X2 problem...

AyannaNichole

Reaction score
Sorry if this is the wrong place.I'm new here.

Anyways I recently got the Droid X2 and all of a sudden the text messaging app starts force closing for no reason. I would send a message and then I would get the force close message. I did a factory reset thinking that it would solve my problem but it completely screwed me. Now when the phone reboots I get "The application Setup(processcom.motorola.setupwizard.controller) has stopped unexpectedly.Please try again" and no matter how many times I tap Force Close,it just pops back up. I get the same message trying to reboot into Safe Mode and it's really starting to piss me off since I JUST bought this phone two days ago. What do I do?

Am I just SOL or what?
Thanks in advance if you can help :)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Moved to the droidx2 forum :)

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this is the wrong place.I'm new here.

Anyways I recently got the Droid X2 and all of a sudden the text messaging app starts force closing for no reason. I would send a message and then I would get the force close message. I did a factory reset thinking that it would solve my problem but it completely screwed me. Now when the phone reboots I get "The application Setup(processcom.motorola.setupwizard.controller) has stopped unexpectedly.Please try again" and no matter how many times I tap Force Close,it just pops back up. I get the same message trying to reboot into Safe Mode and it's really starting to piss me off since I JUST bought this phone two days ago. What do I do?

Am I just SOL or what?
Thanks in advance if you can help :)
Sometimes when you factory reset it doesn't clear the cache properly, which may be causing your issue. Reboot into recovery and wipe cache. If that doesn't work you may need to SBF. There should be videos and tutorials in this section on how to do it for your device.

OP
AyannaNichole

AyannaNichole

Reaction score
sbf worked.
Thanks so much.

And thanks admins for moving this to the right place ha

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Glad to hear it all worked out. And now you have your first "Like" complements of me! :icon_ banana: