Droid X2: Summary of Problems

Discussion in 'Droid X2 Tech Support' started by devedsmith, Jul 21, 2011.

1. MuscleDroids

MuscleDroids Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've had this phone since release and now my first issue is the phone heats up for no reason and my battery will drain within 4 hours just from sitting in my pocket.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

2. Trip3601211

Trip3601211 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    So I'm the only one with this camera issue huh? Weird considering this is the 2nd one I've had with the EXACT same problem...first one was the same! (no downloads, no apps!) I'm assuming no one has a legitiment reason for this issue either...hmmm looks like guna have to hit up VZW again today! GOD IM SOOO SICK OF THESE MOTOROLA/VERIZON PHONES! ALL GARBAGE!!! :cus:

3. nlinecomputers

Ratings:
    +1
    It is a software issue. Use a third party camera app. Replacing your phone is a waste of time for this and just risks getting a crappy "like new" replacement.

4. Trip3601211

Trip3601211 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    wow...seriously? How could motorola/verizon push this update out if it ruins the software so much to the point where you have a junk camera? I would have to say the camera is a MAJOR thing on your phone thats put to use...especially if you have kids. Even the quality of the pictures I take...complete garbage. And whats with the "Click" on the inside of the phone when you start up the camera app? weird man...these people playing with this technology are morons. Don't you have to be "smart" to make a "smartphone" seems to me they must have thought they were making "stupidphones" Anyone know if a new software update is coming soon to the DX2? Can only hope that helps and doesnt bring more issues as I'm sure it probably will...

#28 Trip3601211, Sep 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2011
  5. nubia

nubia Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Dave I had the DROID X. And the x2. I liked both but have wanted this bionic since I heard about it. In regards to the list of issues you had /having with your x2, I didn't experience 99%of them. It seems that the only one I really had was the occasional self reboot. I think that is a problem with ALL x and x2's. Or possibly all androids. I have had it happen to this bionic..... Best of luck.
    I am VERY happy with this BIONIC.....

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

6. Trip3601211

Trip3601211 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Not bashing or hating, but figured a reply to this topic would be easier then starting a whole new thread. But anyways; Is anyone having a problem in the market where in "your apps" it shows installed and not installed? In my not installed list I have google search and verizon navigator for droid x2. If anyone does or did, would greatly appreciate a respond as to this minor issue. Thanks :)

7. Heywood

Heywood Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I just checked and yes, at the very bottom/end of the list I have 5 apps "not installed" to include the two you mentioned

8. Trip3601211

Trip3601211 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Yeah its weird. And when you press it, it says open. So clearly it IS installed lol.

9. Trip3601211

Trip3601211 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    So I fixed it bro. Go to settings>applications>manage applications>all applications>go to market>clear cache>clear data. I did this. Backed out, went to the market and checked my applications and they were finally under installed. Hope this helps. :)

Sent from my DROID X2

10. Heywood

Heywood Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks, however google maps and you tube are still under not installed when I do it. I dont notice anything being affected by it...strange.

11. Trip3601211

Trip3601211 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    That is strange. Maybe clear it again. Or go to those two apps and clear chache and data as well. Dont know if that'll help but I hope so. Thats my only suggestion for that.

Sent from my DROID X2

12. devedsmith

devedsmith Member

Ratings:
    +0
    HA HA HA HA !!! You guys with your "you should not be having these problems".... Very funny. Maybe you should read this instead: https://forums.motorola.com/posts/96f47f2a55

Search tags for this page

droid x2 problems

droid x2 trouble shooting
droid x2 troubleshooting
motorola droid x2 issues
motorola droid x2 problems
motorola milestone x2 problems
motorola milestone x2 troubleshooting
motorola x2 problems
problems with motorola droid x2
troubleshooting droid x2