New Member / SMS problem with Ally

Nee

Reaction score
Greetings fellow droid users. I am not a Verizon customer, but my mother is. My name is Renee and I live in the great northwest... sort of... more like the desert northwest. :p I am a relatively new (since Christmas) Droid user and I absolutely Love my phone!
I found this forum while looking for a solution to a text messaging problem with her Ally. She (mom) recently did a network update to her Ally phone and as a result she lost the ability to send text messages. I can send her sms from any device/carrier but she can't reply. After contacting Verizon customer services and escalating to tech services and eventually a manager we were told "too bad" and there is nothing Verizon can do. The rep actually told her, "we may be coming out with a fix but I can't tell you when."
Phenomenal customer service...... NOT!
She loves her Android phone but no one has been able to help her.. sad really, she is going to switch phones this next week so this is my last ditch effort to save her android and keep her happy. They have been with Verizon for over 13 years and always renew their contracts through plans and purchasing new phones. Did I mention she is a 5-Line customer? I just can't believe that no one within the company wants to help her. I have been searching your forums for quite a while this morning and I can't seem to find any answers. :sad: Maybe I am just searching using the wrong terminology? Please help.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
welcome to the forum. what type of update was mom performing? was it the normal OTA? and she hasnt rooted it correct?

Aloha from Hawaii...

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Greetings fellow droid users. I am not a Verizon customer, but my mother is. My name is Renee and I live in the great northwest... sort of... more like the desert northwest. :p I am a relatively new (since Christmas) Droid user and I absolutely Love my phone!
I found this forum while looking for a solution to a text messaging problem with her Ally. She (mom) recently did a network update to her Ally phone and as a result she lost the ability to send text messages. I can send her sms from any device/carrier but she can't reply. After contacting Verizon customer services and escalating to tech services and eventually a manager we were told "too bad" and there is nothing Verizon can do. The rep actually told her, "we may be coming out with a fix but I can't tell you when."
Phenomenal customer service...... NOT!
She loves her Android phone but no one has been able to help her.. sad really, she is going to switch phones this next week so this is my last ditch effort to save her android and keep her happy. They have been with Verizon for over 13 years and always renew their contracts through plans and purchasing new phones. Did I mention she is a 5-Line customer? I just can't believe that no one within the company wants to help her. I have been searching your forums for quite a while this morning and I can't seem to find any answers. :sad: Maybe I am just searching using the wrong terminology? Please help.
Try doing a factory data reset. Often when an update comes through, things will get messed up. You should find the factory data reset in her privacy section.

I'm really surprised that customer service didn't have her do that in the first place. She won't lose her paid apps and there is a good chance her free apps will return. Contacts are restored as soon as she signs into her Google account.

OP
N

Nee

Reaction score
My apologies I am not familiar with the terms ... it is the Verizon Network Update you do by dialing *228. it is not a rooted phone.