1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

New member and future Droid owner!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by Dustin_D, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Dustin_D

Dustin_D New Member

Hey everyone!

I have been recently looking into getting a new phone. I had an EnV 3 which always turned off on its own and its power button stopped working so I couldn't end calls without pulling the battery and sometimes not even turn it on. I am currently using a Blackberry Curve 8330 and have been for a few weeks. I was looking into getting the Blackberry Bold but after using the Droid X in store I threw that idea out completely dancedroid.

The only touch screen phone I have ever had was the Samsung Glyde (absolutely horrible) and it put me off touch screen phones forever, but after using the X for a while, I love it. The on-screen keyboard is big enough for my hands whereas on the Droid 2 I have a bit more trouble, and I don't like the physical keyboard.

I am interested in getting the Droid phone because it seems to me like just a great phone with a lot of stuff I can use like Facebook, fun apps, and great web browsing as well as tethering (really important for me).

The only question I have is, should I wait until december for a newer and better Droid to come out? My upgrade has been ready for a few weeks now but I am not sure if I should jump on the Droid X yet or wait? I have read a LOT of threads on here about possible new phones, or should I just get the X? Even if Verizon got the iPhone, I still like the Droid X better, so that is not something I would want to wait for.

Well anyways, nice to be part of the forums, and I hope to have a Droid soon :).
  2. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

:welcome: to the Forum -