New member and future Droid owner!

Dustin_D

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I have been recently looking into getting a new phone. I had an EnV 3 which always turned off on its own and its power button stopped working so I couldn't end calls without pulling the battery and sometimes not even turn it on. I am currently using a Blackberry Curve 8330 and have been for a few weeks. I was looking into getting the Blackberry Bold but after using the Droid X in store I threw that idea out completely dancedroid.

The only touch screen phone I have ever had was the Samsung Glyde (absolutely horrible) and it put me off touch screen phones forever, but after using the X for a while, I love it. The on-screen keyboard is big enough for my hands whereas on the Droid 2 I have a bit more trouble, and I don't like the physical keyboard.

I am interested in getting the Droid phone because it seems to me like just a great phone with a lot of stuff I can use like Facebook, fun apps, and great web browsing as well as tethering (really important for me).

The only question I have is, should I wait until december for a newer and better Droid to come out? My upgrade has been ready for a few weeks now but I am not sure if I should jump on the Droid X yet or wait? I have read a LOT of threads on here about possible new phones, or should I just get the X? Even if Verizon got the iPhone, I still like the Droid X better, so that is not something I would want to wait for.

Well anyways, nice to be part of the forums, and I hope to have a Droid soon :).