New Member with a Droid 3

Homestar

Reaction score
Hello All,

I'm a new member here and a fairly recent convert from Blackberry to a VZ Droid 3. In truth I spend a great deal of time wanting to throw my phone into the Ocean. While I am reminded of this Louis CK clip (at end of rant) in *****ing about my "uptown" problems- I have been very unhappy at the slow response time and the frequent "not responding" prompts (gives me the option to wait or force quit) of the core apps (Telephone, contacts, email etc). I have been considering rooting my phone but I have yet to make that plunge. Am I the only one experiencing these problems? It wouldn't be a big deal if I downloaded Angry birds and that crashed but sometimes I am in a work situation and I need to call someone back promptly and the phone just doesn't comply. Could it be bloatware? I really only have a twitter, facebook and a task killer installed - it's not like I've loaded the phone up with crap - it's been this way from day one.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be most welcome and thank you- pleased to meet you all.

[video=youtube;itn8TwFCO4M]http://youtu.be/itn8TwFCO4M[/video]

Last edited:

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to DF!! I am sorry you are having issues with your D3.

Not having the phone myself I do not know what the issues and fixes are so check out our Droid 3 section.
Something good to do would be remove the task killer. They are not really necessary especially on newer versions of Android and can cause issues for people. Another thing you could always try is a factory reset, the only problem with that is it will delete all your apps and info and should be a last resort.

Other than that the only thing would be to take it to VZW and have a tech look at it.