New ICS Leak for Bionic

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I did use stock recovery. I will try again I guess. No one else have it fail during installation?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

It failed for me until I FXZ'd back to .902; took the .905 update and tried again.

Found out it was because I had Safestrap on there up until a few days ago, and apparently Safestrap hoses your preinstall partition.

Kept getting error 7 on zumocast.

After FXZ process, it works just fine. Finest OS i've seen on this phone since it was new, IMHO.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I see many others saying you CAN be rooted going into this.

If its like the Razr leaks (which it should be), you CAN be rooted, but you have to be stock. Meaning all bloatware and system files untouched

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
welsalex said:
I see many others saying you CAN be rooted going into this.

Yeah exactly I see a few saying they used the voodoo method but alot of others also saying it doesn't work.

welsalex

Reaction score
Yeah exactly I see a few saying they used the voodoo method but alot of others also saying it doesn't work.

There's so much craziness going on that I believe people are jumping the gun and making assumptions about what you can and can't do. For anyone who is not very confident with attempting this install, I would advise them to wait a day or two for all the "pros" to get through it and iron out all the details.

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
welsalex said:
There's so much craziness going on that I believe people are jumping the gun and making assumptions about what you can and can't do. For anyone who is not very confident with attempting this install, I would advise them to wait a day or two for all the "pros" to get through it and iron out all the details.

Yeah good point cause I'm no pro lol, I just want ICS :)

OP
orangechoochoo

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
Try the ICS root method in the Droid4 forums, it originally came from the Transformer and it happened to work on the D4, so it most likely will work on the Bionic too.

doctordoctor

Reaction score
the craziness on here reminds me of the nights when all of theory's updates would be released! hahaha. I am so lost and confused it is like learning to root all over again. hopefully i get up to .905 tonight then i will worry about this stuff. just did a nandroid through safestrap for the first time today!

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
Im gonna wait for the next batch of ICS ROMS. Hopefully this leak will help out the ICS roms, because I never had much luck with them. (Even worse data than. 905) eclipse 3.0 is running relatively good for me currently, (not as good as 2.2 sadly) but when I was messing around with the ICS ROMS, it did wet my taste buds and get me excited. Let's hope all of our Bionics have a nice future! I've been contemplating getting the S3, but I want to hold out for the Note 2. These recent developments will certainly help!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using the Droid Forums App

Xavier81411

Reaction score
Speeding Wheels said:
LOL. ok.. glad I havent flashed yet.
lets see where this all goes I guess!

Agreed. Im waiting to see what comes out of all this..