New guy here with some questions

tuner student

Reaction score
I joined this site to find some answers to questions i've been having. A friend on another forum directed me here. I have a motorola droid. Born and raised in Orlando, FL. In the USMC. now in NC

Does anyone know how to setup yahoo mail with the e-mail account. I have it setup right now so it works but it only works when not connected to wifi. I heard with the new 2.2 update that you can get it working with wifi on but i don't know how. again it works right now just trying to see how i can do it so it works even with wifi.

Also, does anyone know how i can get my phone ot vibrate. I have tried everything i can thing of but when i turn the sound down to vibrate it does not vibrate when i get a call or text. this is important to me as i set it on vibrate when in uniform.

And as far as the skype add. does it work with wifi? I'm looking to see if i can use it on a wifi connection to call back to the states when ever i deploy and avoid heffty romaing cost.

Any help would greatly be appreciated. sorry if i'm using my introduction to post questions but thats really all i need right now.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! First, thanks for service.

I do not use Yahoo but I thought the issues with Yahoo had been resolved. I use K9 (free in the market) try downloading that app and see if it supports Yahoo mail.

I have a rooted Droid and when I press the volume key to turn the volume as low as possible my phone goes into vibrate.

I have no experience with Skype but try it with wifi. Can VZW about overseas rates or check with others who were deployed and have returned.

Best Wishes and thanks for al you do,

Mike

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just read a thread re vibrate check the market for an app called Quick settings

Mike

OP
T

tuner student

Reaction score
well my droid is not rooted but when i turn the volume all the way down it goes to vibrate but does not vibrate with calls or text.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
OK you can set each application to vibrate or add a specific ringtone. Open the app, tap menu, tap settings, tap notifications. Look for vibrate or ringtone.

Hope this is helpful.

Mike

OP
T

tuner student

Reaction score
ok i think i got the vibrate thing down. at least for text. phone should work will have to wait for a call. wish for text it vibrated more. this phone has one wimpy vibrate.