1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

New member here.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by ChipZigterman, Aug 23, 2010.

1. ChipZigterman

ChipZigterman New Member

Hi all,

New member here. Chip's the name.

Just got my VZW DroidX.
    Like it. A lot.

One important question though:
    I'm in Europe for a while.
    How can I get Apps on my DroidX without international cellular?

Will WiFi work?

Is there a PC/Laptop application for the Android phones like there is iTunes for the iPhones so I can get apps installed on the DroidX?

Thanks,
    Chip
    :icon_eek:
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Yes, you'll want to keep that thing on airplane mode and just use wifi to avoid any out of network data charges and a huge bill. Or contact Verizon and see if they can set you up on a special data plan you can use when out of network that won't cost nearly as much and you can change back to the normal plans when you return.

Apps are installed through the market for the most part or downloaded as .apk files and then dropped into your SD card and openened with a file manager like Astro or Linda.
  3. ChipZigterman

ChipZigterman New Member

Thanks not Bill.

So I take it there's no Win application to shop and download Andriod apps and then sync 'm to the DroidX?
  4. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

Welcome! Glad you are enjoying your X. Hope you enjoy you time abroad.

Mike