need some help

OP
acoers

acoers

Reaction score
Yea try that and tell it don't work for email or text message

mfendley

Reaction score
Click on the icon to launch the text message app. From there choose your menu button to go into Text Messaging settings. Go down to the last setting, that is Also vibrate when notified.

AZDroid09

Reaction score
Click on the icon to launch the text message app. From there choose your menu button to go into Text Messaging settings. Go down to the last setting, that is Also vibrate when notified.

I had already suggested that in post #6, and when the OP said it still wasn't working I decided to test it on my device and found it didn't work for me either. Does it vibrate for you on email or the stock SMS app?

If it works for some people and not others, then I know VZW will suggest a factory reset on my device as a troubleshooting measure. I really don't want to go through setting my phone back up again just to try to make it work since I don't use vibrate anyway.

OP
acoers

acoers

Reaction score
My phone wont vibrate for anything when its on vibrate

mfendley

Reaction score
Just tested mine. Set to vibrate, received a txt, and the phone vibrates. Did it twice while I have been typing this reply.

aramos87

Reaction score
Works on mine though I got tired of not being able to tell a text vibrate from an email vibrate so I disabled vibrations in the Text Messaging app and downloaded and configured Light Flow LED - lite (free version).
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.rageconsulting.android.lightflowlite&feature=search_result

I configured it to vibrate with a different pattern for text messages and to use BLUE for the LED color. Works great as emails double vibrate and blink GREEN while texts triple short vibrate and blink BLUE.

I Downloaded that same LED app and every time I received a text it would keep blinking even after I would check the message and respond... did you have any issues like this?? and also how was it on your battery??

OP
acoers

acoers

Reaction score
Hey figured it out, I was reading on the motorola forum and seen there saying you need to download a app called sound manager. Then once you download it you go to menu and go to the vibrate and if vibrates not working its because it shut off somehow. So you just go there and click vibrate all the time. I finally worked for me.

AZDroid09

Reaction score
I tried a factory reset, it still didn't fix the vibrate issue. I also started having random loss of 3G which then caused a spontaneous reboot. VZW is overnighting me a brand new Droid 3