[New!]D1-MIUI-1.3.5.0

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
I am so jealous as this is like the 4th release that I just cannot get to even load apps onto the phone. I have tried everything including trying to sneak them over The Great Wall.
For the people who are on this build, what happens if you have to update an app from the market?
BAAMMMAAA MAAANNN I will continue to eagerly anticipate and blow an entire 24 hours on everything MacGyver taught me trying to install that update until the day it works again.
I still will run 1.1.22 but like a big stupid head, I deleted some themes before seeing that all versions after wouldn't work for me.
You can dooo it
unfortunately I still can't but I keep hope
danceswithbongs

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
My apps get updated too

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

bigdad63

Reaction score
As always smooth as butter. Force close every time I try to use the gallery to install a wallpaper. The time on my text messages is off by 5 hours. I'm hoping somebody knows how to fix this. Thanks so much for the hard work in porting this over to the droid.

geoff5093

Reaction score
As always smooth as butter. Force close every time I try to use the gallery to install a wallpaper. The time on my text messages is off by 5 hours. I'm hoping somebody knows how to fix this. Thanks so much for the hard work in porting this over to the droid.

The default option is for SMS dates to be using the time sent by the server, you should disable that so it uses the local time instead.

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
For the people who are on this build, what happens if you have to update an app from the market?...

my updates are working fine... just updated google maps and a few others.

My apps get updated too

Wow, now could either of you download an app you don't have and it will also install? Including say, when you set it up initially and if you did use MIUI's backup app which version as my build of 1.1.22 won't back up the apps it pretends it did and then the file is 5kb. If I was able to flash that version on top of what I have then perhaps I could run the MIUI backup and the reinstall on latest MIUI?

So please if anyone could tell me the earliest post 1.1.22 version or even that version, which allowed an actual backup, I'd be grateful.

Also if I scan the QR code on the members post above mine, do I download you?

dwbstrangerinastrangeland

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
I downloded an app and it installed fine. Try cleaning the market cach

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Oh I have, nothing has worked for several versions.
That is why I was hoping to find one in which you or anyone remembers had a solid backup functioning.
Then it seems once set up is finished, market is operable but not before in my case.
Each version I have tried everything my li'l head can think of and more.
So anyone that remembers the earliest version that they were able to make a solid backup on, using the MIUI backup, please let me know.
dwb
maybe I have been banned in China
just saying

gwhiz377

Reaction score
I have had problems with the market as well. Sometimes I'd have to try downloading a few times. It sounds stupid, but sometimes it seems to help if I pull down the notification tab and watch it download there. Other times it seems to just cut off at some point. Also helps if I don't download too many things at one time. Like leave the bigger apps to download only maybe 1 or 2 at a time.

But, I have started clearing davlik cache as well when installing a new rom. It seems like it's helping. You might wanna try doing that, then go back and try to install the apps.

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
I have had problems with the market as well. Sometimes I'd have to try downloading a few times. It sounds stupid, but sometimes it seems to help if I pull down the notification tab and watch it download there. Other times it seems to just cut off at some point. Also helps if I don't download too many things at one time. Like leave the bigger apps to download only maybe 1 or 2 at a time.

But, I have started clearing davlik cache as well when installing a new rom. It seems like it's helping. You might wanna try doing that, then go back and try to install the apps.

Thanks G
But you are actually encountering a problem that is inherent with the newer market, regardless of ROM be it froyo GB or hybrid.
It is annoying but I have found just keep updating and it will take and then it seems the other ones will also, but the seal needs to be broken so to speak.
I appreciate your suggestions, but tried that and literally everything under the sun.
I called China and they were no help whatsoever, though perhaps my inability to understand any of the many Chinese dialects added to this problem.

dwb