new case=backlight issues?

yz kid

Reaction score
i jus bought a case for my moto droid.awsome looking slim plastic, clip case but the only problem is when in a call the light sensor is always coverd(like wen u lift fone to your ear its suppouse to dim the screen) so the secend i make a call it dims and says dim even wen i wanna hang up.the case must be over the sensor. is there a way to deactivate this effect or will i have to butcher my new case around the sensor. thanks so much all help appriated.
joe

DeathByDECEpTION

Reaction score
Same Problem

Hi there. I have ran into the same problem and unfortunately I haven't been able to find any setting to turn that sensor on or off. I did however modify my case to allow the droid to act normally. Although the Droid-Does sometimes the cheap plastic snap-on cases don't. If you're like me you got your case for protection and not for appearance so hopefully a modified case won't bother you.

brochaos

Reaction score
definitely gonna have to butcher the case. what make/model is it? any links/pics so we don't order the same one?

OP
Y

yz kid

Reaction score
actually i bought it off ebay for 6 bucks its a nice metalic orange i like it bc it matches my 350z perfectlly lol. but i drilled a hole left of the word motorola. it works fine now the case is plastic hole was done pretty neat

Attachments

• FxCam_1261691230221.jpg
    FxCam_1261691230221.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 162