HTC Officially Launches their New Flagship the HTC One

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Feb 19, 2013.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

HTC's big press announcement is happening right now. Their newest flagship for 2013, the HTC One, is officially launched. In their press announcement, HTC is focusing on the capabilities and features of the device, rather than marketing strictly hardware specs. This marks a departure from the past and seems to follow Samsung's lead (being similar to the marketing for the SGS3). Still, we like to know the specs here in the forums, so below is a quick breakdown, followed by the full press release. It looks like all of the previous rumors about an "Ultrapixel" camera were dead-on, although now we will have to see it in action to gauge how cool this new tech really is. Finally, the device will only be coming to AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile in March.
    • 4.7-inch full-HD display with a resolution of 468 pixels per inch
    • 1.7GHz quad-core Snapdragon S4 Pro processor
    • 2GB of RAM
    • 2,300 mAh battery
    • New “ultrapixel” camera
    It looks like HTC has built a pretty incredible device (no pun intended in reference to their other phone series), although that smallish battery could be reason to worry. Perhaps this One will deliver them out of their market tailspin...
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
  2. johnomaz

johnomaz Well-Known Member

The battery seems kind of small especially since the market is picking up closer to 3000mah batteries. But with the track record of HTC...I wonder how well this phone will do.
  3. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

I obviously couldn't say this in the article itself, but here in the comment section, I personally think HTC's prospects are gruesome. There are some amazing advancements in this phone, but it baffles me why they can't ever put a decent battery in their devices. They are ripe for a buyout from someone...
  4. MacLeod

MacLeod New Member

Yeah, guess I'm glad I just got the Note 2 and didn't wait for this. It's basically a DNA with a slightly bigger battery and I do mean slightly.

Didn't see it mentioned but I'm assuming no SD card support? This is the thing that really baffles me, why nobody hardly is offering SD card support anymore. F the cloud especially with data limits. I like having all my music and tons of pictures. Plus when I went from my T-bolt to this Note, I simply slapped in the SD card and there were all my pictures and music.

But yeah, I'm glad I didn't wait. I hope HTC does well with this because I'm still a fan and love my T-Bolt and Eris.

Sent from my beloved Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
  5. orangechoochoo

orangechoochoo New Member

Thebattery on the DNA gets most users through the day, so should this one, but there there isalways room for improvement. As far as sd card support, I read that Google is moving away from it because it causes issues with multi-user support which Google is adding to android.

But Ya, HTC could've done better with this.
  6. EyeOWA

EyeOWA Member

Am I wrong, or does their "Blink Feed", the social and news updates, seem similar to Windows OS with their social updates?
    [​IMG] vs [​IMG]
  7. tgyberg

tgyberg Well-Known Member

Speakers on the front! I like that anyway!
  8. summit21

summit21 New Member

This is a great looking device all around. Easily trumps anything out there right now though the battery may leave a little to be desired. Problem with good battery is your stuck with Motorola and their very unimpressive screens and cameras. I think this phone hits the mark nearly everywhere with regards to its specs. It's a very stylish design/form factor, IMO. Unfortunately I am stuck with Verizon for another 4 months and who knows when they will be getting the HTC One?
  9. JoeyJ

JoeyJ New Member

I've always wondered why phones didn't have speakers in the front. Maybe I'll save up and get this so I can keep unlimited data

Oh wait Nvm not coming to Verizon...lame
  10. cybertec69

cybertec69 Well-Known Member

It has nothing to do with multi-user support, it has all to do with trying to sell $$$$$ their cloud service "which is not cheap to run", what does multi-user support have anything to do with my high resolution movies and high resolution music beign stored on my external micro SD card, at the moment I have 40 gigs of movies and music loaded on my 64 gig micro SD card on my S3, also have another 32 gig micro SD card with more movies and music in my wallet, and can swap them out in 30 seconds, and no need for mobile data to be able to play my video and music content. HTC again big FAIL.
  11. PereDroid

PereDroid Well-Known Member

Agree with Cybertec. It has nothing to do with user profiles, although I see how one could think that. In the free and open Android enviro, one user could access the content of another on the card probably.
    But I agree they are doing this strictly for the cash. Charging $50 or $100 more for an extra 16 or 32 GB of storage when it probably costs them $9 to add it = win win for the company. As Apple has been doing since the beginning.
    I will never buy a phone with out a memory slot. I like to speak with my dollars. Google is hoping eventually I will have no choice. And eventually I probably won't. But for now I refuse to support a company that doesn't use SD cards.
    Makes me sad, too. That was one thing Google/Android devices ALWAYS had over Apple.
    Microsoft phones still have Mem cards. But for now I can count on Samsung an LG.
  12. PereDroid

PereDroid Well-Known Member

AND I won't support HTC either even if it had a slot.
    I don't have to have every Google update but over the course of a 2 year contract I would AT LEAST like 2 updates.
    I don't think that is asking too much.
    My DInc2 shipped with Froyo. Got GB pretty fast. SWEET!
    Promised ICS but that is currently 6 months late now.
    ONE update? Really? I don't HAVE to have JB on my phone. But I can't even get ICS? Fail.
  13. pc747

pc747 DF Administrator Staff Member Rescue Squad

[​IMG]

^it's over the ref is hugging htc.

What happen HTC 2 years ago you was one of the big dogs and now it is like you gotten old. You no longer bring originality to the table but try to copy other people's style and doing a bad job at it. What happen was you got cocky and thought you was smarter that every one else "quietly brilliant" but you stopped listening to your customers. Since the incredible people have complained about the small batteries and not once did you think to listen. You migrated away from android by making sense to heavy. Samsung tw adds features while Sense just adds more junk in the form of more htc widgets. At this point you should go back to your roots making a clean google device similar to the g1 with an adequate battery and openness. You need people to get excited about your product again. It is so sad to see a legend of the game pass their prime. Thanks for the memories HTC. On the move.
  14. orangechoochoo

orangechoochoo New Member

15. Narsil

Narsil Active Member

[​IMG]

Although, in all fairness, the DNA has amazing battery life considering how small its battery is. Hopefully this will prove the same.
  16. MacLeod

MacLeod New Member

Yeah I'm sure the battery if fine for now but since we're stuck with these phones for 2 years, after about a year and half and countless recharges, you won't be able to get thru lunch without a charger nearby and since it's a non removable battery, you're up a creek.

As for the SD card, I think the answer is just like the guy mentioned above. Why offer a SD card slot for free when you can charge $100 extra for a 32GB "upgrade" of internal memory that costs them about as much extra as a couple cups of coffee. I think it's as simple as that. I don't buy the multiuser excuse cause while I get some of their arguments, why not offer consumers the choice? I'd even be up for paying $10-20 more for SD support.

I will never buy a phone that doesn't have SD support as long as there are such phones available that is.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2.
  17. pc747

Wasnt that one of the things that "droid does" that apple didnt back in the day. So why should we go backwards.

18. hotice

hotice Member

The One should do at least a little better on battery than the DNA because it has a newer S4 600 that includes the integrated LTE and it has a slightly smaller screen. Those two things should save a little power so it should do better than a DNA with a 2300mAh battery. Still even if the battery was great and I didn't care about not having a MicroSD slot what was HTC thinking when they made that software. There is a reason people have been congratulating Moto on slimming down Blur and complaining about TouchWiz. HTC just made TouchWiz look like stock.

BTW...Great job on the Camera and Audio HTC! Also props for keeping the LCD screen! You'll have to prove to me that all of your radios function just as well as a Razr with all that metal.
  19. hotice

hotice Member

Be careful to slam the battery in the One if you have a Note 2. This may very well get better battery life than a Note 2. The processor and LTE chipset are probably quite a bit less energy efficient in the Note 2 than the ones in the DNA and the One. Also, that huge OLED screen eats power. Set your brightness to be as bright as the LCD on the DNA or the One and you'll probably be able to watch your batter level fall. Someone with a One can change the display brightness from auto to something lower like probably what auto is on the Note 2 and save a lot of power. Samsung didn't give the note 2 a big battery because they're awesome and they're going to do that will all their phones. At least I'm pretty sure they did that for the Note 2 because it needed it. I'm sure most people will easily get through the day with it but I'm just saying, it's not in the same class as a GS3, Maxx HD, or One as far as power consumption goes.
  20. pc747

I am not a techy as far as batteries so I can not give you figures but I can go off real world useage and my note 2 easily goes a day and a half of moderate usage.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
Search tags for this page

65gig htc

htc one steel black 64 gig in singapore

one v

where in singapore do they sell htc one black 65 gig