HTC Officially Launches their New Flagship the HTC One

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
full-htc-one-multi-view.png

HTC's big press announcement is happening right now. Their newest flagship for 2013, the HTC One, is officially launched. In their press announcement, HTC is focusing on the capabilities and features of the device, rather than marketing strictly hardware specs. This marks a departure from the past and seems to follow Samsung's lead (being similar to the marketing for the SGS3). Still, we like to know the specs here in the forums, so below is a quick breakdown, followed by the full press release. It looks like all of the previous rumors about an "Ultrapixel" camera were dead-on, although now we will have to see it in action to gauge how cool this new tech really is. Finally, the device will only be coming to AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile in March.
  • 4.7-inch full-HD display with a resolution of 468 pixels per inch
  • 1.7GHz quad-core Snapdragon S4 Pro processor
  • 2GB of RAM
  • 2,300 mAh battery
  • New “ultrapixel” camera
It looks like HTC has built a pretty incredible device (no pun intended in reference to their other phone series), although that smallish battery could be reason to worry. Perhaps this One will deliver them out of their market tailspin...
INTRODUCING THE NEW HTC ONE®, A NEW PERSPECTIVE ON SMARTPHONES

HTC BlinkFeed™, HTC Zoe™ and HTC BoomSound™ Deliver HTC One’s Unprecedented New Smartphone Experience

London and New York City, February 19, 2013 — HTC, a global leader in mobile innovation and design, today announced its new flagship smartphone, the new HTC One. Crafted with a distinct zero-gap aluminum unibody, the new HTC One introduces HTC BlinkFeed™, HTC Zoe™ and HTC BoomSound™, key new HTC Sense® innovations that reinvent the mobile experience and set a new standard for smartphones.

“People today immerse themselves in a constant stream of updates, news and information. Although smartphones are one of the main ways we stay in touch with the people and information we care about, conventional designs have failed to keep pace with how people are actually using them,” said Peter Chou, CEO of HTC Corporation. “A new, exciting approach to the smartphone is needed and with the new HTC One, we have re-imagined the mobile experience from the ground up to reflect this new reality.”

HTC BlinkFeed: A personal live stream right on the home screen
At the center of the new HTC One experience is HTC BlinkFeed. HTC BlinkFeed is a bold new experience that transforms the home screen into a single live stream of personally relevant information such as social updates, entertainment and lifestyle updates, news and photos with immersive images so that people no longer need to go to separate applications to find out what’s happening. HTC BlinkFeed aggregates the freshest content from the most relevant and interesting sources, giving it to people at a glance, all in one place, without the need to jump between multiple applications and web sites.

To enable this new dynamic approach to the smartphone, HTC will provide both local and global content from more than 1,400 media sources with more than 10,000 articles per day from some of the most innovative media companies, such as the AOL family of media properties, ESPN, MTV, Vice Media, Cool Hunting, Reuters and many others. For more information on HTC BlinkFeed’s content partners, visit the HTC Blog.

HTC UltraPixel Camera with HTC Zoe

The breakthrough HTC UltraPixel Camera redefines how people capture, relive and share their most precious moments. HTC Zoe gives people the ability to shoot high-res photos that come to life in three-second snippets. These Zoes, photos and videos are then displayed in a unique way that brings the gallery to life and transforms the traditional photo gallery of still images into a motion gallery of memories. It also automatically creates integrated highlight films from each event comprised of Zoes, photos and videos set to music with professionally designed cuts, transitions and effects. These highlight videos can be remixed or set to different themes, and can be easily shared on social networks, email and other services.

To enable this innovative camera experience, HTC developed a custom camera that includes a best-in-class f/2.0 aperture lens and a breakthrough sensor with UltraPixels that gather 300 percent more light than traditional smartphone camera sensors. This new approach also delivers astounding low-light performance and a variety of other improvements to photos and videos. In addition, the perfect self-portrait or video is just a tap away with an ultra-wide angle front-facing camera which supports 1080p video capture. Multi-axis optical image stabilization for the rear camera also helps ensure video footage smoother whether stationary or on the move. HTC UltraPixel camera adds many other features and effects such as enhanced 360' panorama, time sequencing and object removal.

HTC BoomSound

The new HTC One offers the best audio experience of any mobile phone available today. HTC BoomSound introduces for the first time on a phone, front-facing stereo speakers with a dedicated amplifier and an amazing full HD display that immerses people in music, videos, games and the YouTube™ clips they love. Beats Audio™ integration is enabled across the entire experience for rich, authentic sound whether you’re listening to your favorite music, watching a YouTube video or playing a game.

HDR recording uses advanced dual microphones and audio processing to capture clean, rich sound that is worthy of high-definition video footage. Phone calls sound great on HTC One thanks to the addition of HTC Sense Voice™, which boosts the call volume and quality in noisy environments so that conversations come through loud and clear.

HTC Sense TV™

HTC Sense TV transforms the new HTC One into an interactive program guide and remote control for most TVs, set-top boxes and receivers. Tapping the power of the cloud, Sense TV makes it simple and intuitive to see what’s on and find that favorite show.

Metal Unibody Design

Wrapped in a zero-gap aluminum unibody and sporting a brilliant 4.7”, Full HD (1080p) screen, the new HTC One features the latest Android Jelly Bean operating system and LTE network technology to offer blazingly-fast browsing in a package that combines premium design with breakthrough build quality.

Available in stunning silver and beautiful black, the sleek and crafted aluminum unibody sits comfortably in the hand and showcases HTC’s unique antenna technology, which helps people achieve a crystal clear signal. The display also resists scratches and reduces glare, whilst offering incredible 468ppi resolution and rich, natural colors.

Global Availability
The new HTC One will be available globally through more than 185 mobile operators and major retailers in more than 80 regions and countries beginning in March. For more information and to pre-register for the new HTC One, visit HTC.

Europe, Middle East and Africa: 1&1 Germany, A1 Telekom Austria, AB Poland, Allo Ukraine, AMC (Cosmote) Albania, Avea Turkey, Beeline Kazakhstan, Belcompany Netherlands, BH Telecom Bosnia & Herzegovina, Bite Latvia, Bite Lithuania, Bouygues Telecom France, Carphone Warehouse UK, Cell C RSA, Citrus Ukraine, Cosmote Greece, Cosmote Romania & Global Bulgaria, Cyta, DT Mobile(TS) Latvia, Du UAE, Dustin Sweden, Eagle Mobile Albania, EE UK, Elisa Estonia, Elisa Finland, El-Giganten Denmark, El-Giganten Sweden, Elkjöb Norway, EMT (TS) Estonia, E-Plus Germany, ERC Ukraine, Euroset Russia, Gigantii Finland, Go Malta, H3G Austria, H3G Denmark, H3G Italy, H3G Sweden, H3G UK, HT Eronet Bosnia & Herzegovina, K-Cell Kazakhstan, KPN Belgium, KPN Netherlands, Life Belarus, LuxGSM Luxembourg, Megafon Russia, Melita Malta, Meteor Ireland, Mobilezone Switzerland, Mobilochka Ukraine, Mobily KSA, MSH Belgium, MSH Germany, M-Tel Montenegro, M-Tel Bosnia & Herzegovina, MTI Ukraine, MTN Cyprus, MTS Belarus, MTS Russia, Netcom Norway, (Telefónica) O2 Czech, (Telefónica) O2 Germany, (Telefónica) O2 Ireland, (Telefónica) O2 UK, Omnitel Lithuania, One Macedonia, Optimus Portugal, Orange France, Orange Maldova, Orange Poland, Orange Romania, Orange Slovakia, Orange Spain, Orange Switzerland, Partner Communications Israel, PhoneHouse France, PhoneHouse Germany, PhoneHouse Netherlands, PhoneHouse Sweden, Phones4U UK, Play Poland, Plus Communication Albania, Polkomtel Poland, Proximus Belgium, SFR France, SiMobil Slovenia, STC KSA, Sunrise Switzerland, Svyaznoy Russia, Swisscom Switzerland, TDC Denmark, Tele2 Croatia, Tele 2 Estonia, Tele2 Latvia, Tele2 Lithuania, Tele2 Russia, Telia Denmark, Telia Sweden, Telekom Slovenija, Telenet Belgium, Telenor Denmark, Telenor Norway, Telenor Sweden, Telenor Hungary, Telenor Serbia, Telkom Serbia, TIM Italy, TMN Portugal, T-Mobile Austria, T-Mobile Croatia, T-Mobile Czech Republic, T-Mobile Germany, T-Mobile Hungary, T-Mobile Macedonia, T-Mobile Montenegro, T-Mobile Netherlands, T-Mobile Poland, T-Mobile Slovakia, Turkcell Turkey, Tus Mobil Slovenia, Velcom (TAG) Belarus, VIP Operator Macedonia, VIP Mobile Serbia, Vipnet Croatia, Vivacom Bulgaria, Vodacom RSA, Vodafone Albania, Vodafone Czech Republic, Vodafone Egypt, Vodafone Germany, Vodafone Greece, Vodafone Hungary, Vodafone Ireland, Vodafone Italy, Vodafone Malta, Vodafone Netherlands, Vodafone Portugal, Vodafone Romania, Vodafone Spain, Vodafone Turkey, Vodafone UK, Wind Greece, Wind Italy, Yoigo Spain, Yug Contract Ukraine, Zain KSA.
Asia-Pacific: China Mobile Hong Kong Company Ltd., ChungHwa Telecom, 3HK, CSL, Fareastone, M1, Mobifone, Optus, PCCW mobile, Reliance Communications, Singapore Telecommunications Ltd., SmarTone, StarHub, Taiwan Mobile, Telecom New Zealand, Telstra, Vodafone Australia, Vodafone New Zealand.
China: China Mobile, China Unicom, China Telecom
North America: AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Cincinnati Bell and Best Buy in the United States and in Canada with Rogers Communications, Bell Mobility, TELUS and Virgin Mobile Canada.
Latin America: Claro Argentina (América Movil), Telecom Personal Argentina, Entel Chile, Iusacell México, Telcel México (América Movil), Claro Perú (América Movil), Claro Puerto Rico (América Movil), Movistar Venezuela (Telefonica)

About HTC
Founded in 1997, HTC Corp. (HTC) is the creator of many award-winning mobile devices and industry firsts. By putting people at the center of everything it does, HTC pushes the boundaries of design and technology to create innovative and personal experiences for consumers around the globe. HTC's portfolio includes smartphones and tablets powered by the HTC Sense® user experience. HTC is listed on the Taiwan Stock Exchange (TWSE: 2498). For more information, please visit HTC.

Last edited:

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
The battery seems kind of small especially since the market is picking up closer to 3000mah batteries. But with the track record of HTC...I wonder how well this phone will do.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I obviously couldn't say this in the article itself, but here in the comment section, I personally think HTC's prospects are gruesome. There are some amazing advancements in this phone, but it baffles me why they can't ever put a decent battery in their devices. They are ripe for a buyout from someone...

MacLeod

Reaction score
Yeah, guess I'm glad I just got the Note 2 and didn't wait for this. It's basically a DNA with a slightly bigger battery and I do mean slightly.

Didn't see it mentioned but I'm assuming no SD card support? This is the thing that really baffles me, why nobody hardly is offering SD card support anymore. F the cloud especially with data limits. I like having all my music and tons of pictures. Plus when I went from my T-bolt to this Note, I simply slapped in the SD card and there were all my pictures and music.

But yeah, I'm glad I didn't wait. I hope HTC does well with this because I'm still a fan and love my T-Bolt and Eris.

Sent from my beloved Samsung Galaxy Note 2.

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
Thebattery on the DNA gets most users through the day, so should this one, but there there isalways room for improvement. As far as sd card support, I read that Google is moving away from it because it causes issues with multi-user support which Google is adding to android.

But Ya, HTC could've done better with this.

summit21

Reaction score
This is a great looking device all around. Easily trumps anything out there right now though the battery may leave a little to be desired. Problem with good battery is your stuck with Motorola and their very unimpressive screens and cameras. I think this phone hits the mark nearly everywhere with regards to its specs. It's a very stylish design/form factor, IMO. Unfortunately I am stuck with Verizon for another 4 months and who knows when they will be getting the HTC One?

JoeyJ

Reaction score
I've always wondered why phones didn't have speakers in the front. Maybe I'll save up and get this so I can keep unlimited data

Oh wait Nvm not coming to Verizon...lame

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thebattery on the DNA gets most users through the day, so should this one, but there there isalways room for improvement. As far as sd card support, I read that Google is moving away from it because it causes issues with multi-user support which Google is adding to android.

But Ya, HTC could've done better with this.
It has nothing to do with multi-user support, it has all to do with trying to sell $$$$$ their cloud service "which is not cheap to run", what does multi-user support have anything to do with my high resolution movies and high resolution music beign stored on my external micro SD card, at the moment I have 40 gigs of movies and music loaded on my 64 gig micro SD card on my S3, also have another 32 gig micro SD card with more movies and music in my wallet, and can swap them out in 30 seconds, and no need for mobile data to be able to play my video and music content. HTC again big FAIL.

Last edited:

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Agree with Cybertec. It has nothing to do with user profiles, although I see how one could think that. In the free and open Android enviro, one user could access the content of another on the card probably.
But I agree they are doing this strictly for the cash. Charging $50 or $100 more for an extra 16 or 32 GB of storage when it probably costs them $9 to add it = win win for the company. As Apple has been doing since the beginning.
I will never buy a phone with out a memory slot. I like to speak with my dollars. Google is hoping eventually I will have no choice. And eventually I probably won't. But for now I refuse to support a company that doesn't use SD cards.
Makes me sad, too. That was one thing Google/Android devices ALWAYS had over Apple.
Microsoft phones still have Mem cards. But for now I can count on Samsung an LG.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
AND I won't support HTC either even if it had a slot.
I don't have to have every Google update but over the course of a 2 year contract I would AT LEAST like 2 updates.
I don't think that is asking too much.
My DInc2 shipped with Froyo. Got GB pretty fast. SWEET!
Promised ICS but that is currently 6 months late now.
ONE update? Really? I don't HAVE to have JB on my phone. But I can't even get ICS? Fail.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
_44457102_ab11.jpg

^it's over the ref is hugging htc.

What happen HTC 2 years ago you was one of the big dogs and now it is like you gotten old. You no longer bring originality to the table but try to copy other people's style and doing a bad job at it. What happen was you got cocky and thought you was smarter that every one else "quietly brilliant" but you stopped listening to your customers. Since the incredible people have complained about the small batteries and not once did you think to listen. You migrated away from android by making sense to heavy. Samsung tw adds features while Sense just adds more junk in the form of more htc widgets. At this point you should go back to your roots making a clean google device similar to the g1 with an adequate battery and openness. You need people to get excited about your product again. It is so sad to see a legend of the game pass their prime. Thanks for the memories HTC. On the move.