[NEW on MARKET] Noreve leather vertical flip case for Droid

OP
kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Reaction score
I did it. I ordered the Noreve case. I should have it by Wednesday-Thursday

Ordered mine too - ended up going for the plain black. Hopefully here by Wed-Thursday also.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
I did it. I ordered the Noreve case. I should have it by Wednesday-Thursday.

I will write up a detailed review, as I am sure kiwiguy will do the same. So, by the end of next week, there will probably be two reviews on this case.

Would appreciate that review, I don't think this case is for me but I am curious about it. Oh and...GO GATORS!!! My Alma Mater lol!! :icon_ banana:

Sweet Daddy

Reaction score
I just ordered one, and I used the coupon code "CardMe" and they knocked off 10%. :icon_ banana: Just an fyi.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
lol just went to the site.. look at the pictures of the case on here and then look at the girl holding the droid in the case on the site.. she is holding it upside down. the flap flips UP and she has it hanging under her chin.. awesome. what do you do with a flappy case anyway? that would drive me up the wall. (nekkid since 11/6/09)

MikeFL25

Reaction score
I did it. I ordered the Noreve case. I should have it by Wednesday-Thursday.

I will write up a detailed review, as I am sure kiwiguy will do the same. So, by the end of next week, there will probably be two reviews on this case.

Would appreciate that review, I don't think this case is for me but I am curious about it. Oh and...GO GATORS!!! My Alma Mater lol!! :icon_ banana:
Sweet! Always a pleasure to share the Gator pride.

lol just went to the site.. look at the pictures of the case on here and then look at the girl holding the droid in the case on the site.. she is holding it upside down. the flap flips UP and she has it hanging under her chin.. awesome. what do you do with a flappy case anyway? that would drive me up the wall. (nekkid since 11/6/09)

I think that is a different case for another phone. Like you said, the Noreve Droid case is flip up.

Can't wait to hear review. (Geaux Dawgs) (LSU/UGA family)

BOOO! Nah, just kidding. The SEC is a great conference, and all the teams that are part of it have excellent talent. And yes, I will put up a review the day I get the case.

MikeFL25

Reaction score
Quick update. Noreve sent me an e-mail today, and apparently the Droid cases are all out of stock. So I am going to have to wait 12-18 business days before mine is even sent to me.

This delay sucks, but really there is nothing anyone can do about it. You will still have my review, but it might take several weeks before I get my case.

OP
kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Reaction score
I just got the same email that the cases will not arrive in the States for another 10-15 days!! [I think Noreve may have jumped the gun advertising them on their site as available].

They also noted in the email that initially only black cases will be available - so all of you who had your hearts set on the slurpee orange or blood red will have to wait even longer....

MikeFL25

Reaction score
Yeah. I ordered black ( I liked it the best) but the order said that I could change to another color for "immediate shipment". However, so far they only have the black color available. So it looks like we have to play the waiting game now. I'm sure the case will be worth it, though.

mszv

Reaction score
Bummer. I really want the purple one. Those leathers are so beautiful. Guess I'll wait. I am looking forward to reading the reviews here.

MikeFL25

Reaction score
As of right now the only color available is black, since the product was only released a week or two ago. I'm sure that by the time our cases arrive, the other colors will be out on the market. The e-mail that I received basically said as much.

MikeFL25

Reaction score
Another quick update. Noreve got back to me about 3 questions I asked them.

The questions I asked were:
1. How easy is it to put on the case, and take it off?
2. Is the slide-out keyboard fully accessible while the Droid is in the case? (I asked this more for confirmation than anything else.)
3. Does the magnetic closure activate the Droid's docking mode?

A Noreve representative just sent me a reply e-mail. He said:

1. "Very simple, the case slides in and out. It is held in by pressure."

2. "Yes, the keyboard is accessible and in no way hindered or blocked."

3. "After extensive testing, we can assure customers that the magnetic closure does NOT activate the car dock mode."

This is good news for you guys that are on the fence about this case.

hotsauce

Reaction score
I have been looking for a case that is easy to use but is also easy to take off.. I use my car cradle and home dock.. but the few I have tried are hard to put on and off. so no case.. anyone try any others that are easy to put on and off that dont mess with the slide action also. A belt pouch/case is not for me so... Just asking. Just want to protect my baby!!!

OP
kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Reaction score
I have been looking for a case that is easy to use but is also easy to take off.. I use my car cradle and home dock.. but the few I have tried are hard to put on and off.

Have you looked at the PDAIR vertical case?? There is a plastic sleeve that you just slip the keyboard into - so appears to be easy to put in and take out of its case. There is a thread on it here.

And someone just gave a rave review on it here with lots of photos. I was nearly going to buy it until the Noreve came along.

Note: one person on the thread referenced above loved it at first, but later changed their mind as the plastic stuck to the keys - but you can make up your own mind if it will work for you.