[NEW on MARKET] Noreve leather vertical flip case for Droid

kiwiguy

Reaction score
I just received an email that Nereve have released their new vertical flip case for the Droid (I had signed up for a notification when released)

I think this is the case that I have been waiting for - something that will (1) protect the phone in my pocket without beign too bulky; (2) provide some padding if I ever drop the phone while using it (which is what I fear most!); and (3) give me easy access to the keyboard when I need it.

A little pricey ($51), but if it saves the phone from one drop then worth it to me!! [Reviews of other cases from this company have been generally good]

From web site:
- Elegant case conceived in top quality handcrafted leather
- Compatible with smartphone : Motorola Droid & Milestone
- Access to basic functions (multiple openings on the leather)
- Practical thanks to its magnetic closure**
- Slim and padded design
- Protects the device in an optimal manner
- Opening for recharge
- Headphone & Headset jack access
- Speakers stainless steel mesh protector
- Beautiful interior lining embossed with the Noreve logo
- Completely removable plastic belt clip included (61303C)

** I sent Noreve an email this morning asking if they have tested the closure with the Droid to ensure it does not trigger the clock/car mode. I will post as soon as I hear something (they have been very responsive with my questions in the past)

I am pretty sure I am going to order one, so will write a full review when I get it.

1527d1262884823-new-market-noreve-leather-vertical-flip-case-droid-motorola_droid_milestone_case_black.jpg

1528d1262884823-new-market-noreve-leather-vertical-flip-case-droid-motorola_droid_1.jpg

attachment.php

1529d1262884823-new-market-noreve-leather-vertical-flip-case-droid-motorola_droid_3.jpg

Attachments

• Motorola_Droid_Milestone_case_black.jpg
    Motorola_Droid_Milestone_case_black.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 5,841
  • Motorola_Droid_1.jpg
    Motorola_Droid_1.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 2,875
  • Motorola_Droid_3.jpg
    Motorola_Droid_3.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 2,776
  • Motorola_Droid_2.jpg
    Motorola_Droid_2.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 2,630

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Magnet location there wouldn't be near enough sensor to activate any docking mode IMO.

Put a small magnet on that spot on mine, nothing... but will allow for their error, such as placing a larger magnet, etc.

MikeFL25

Reaction score
That case looks really good, and I'm probably going to get that as well. I'm just confused about something.

In that picture, there is a small hole on the opened case flap. I think that might be for the audio input of the Droid. However, in the closed case picture, it is on the bottom-right of the Droid. Anyone know what it is?

m00m00w4t3r

Reaction score
i think that is just a logo/brand located on the bottom right corner.

P_McNeal

Reaction score
Front flap dot looks like a logo, but the hole seen in the open view is for the headphone jack.

My concerns are: the speaker will be slightly covered by the closure tab, and there's no hole in the front flap to view the notification light. Bonus happy thing would have been adding a card pocket in the flap.

Otherwise, I really appreciate how they hooked in the Droid; I hate how other flap cases cover the keyboard or obscure parts with useless leather bits.

OP
kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Reaction score
My concerns are: the speaker will be slightly covered by the closure tab, and there's no hole in the front flap to view the notification light. Bonus happy thing would have been adding a card pocket in the flap.

I will check that when I get it and let you know - but the flap only looks like it is ~1/2" wide whereas the speaker grid is about 2" across - so hopefully will not muffle ring volume too much.

and there's no hole in the front flap to view the notification light.

I am surprized that they did not think to include a small hole over that area. May not be too difficult to use a leather punch to DIY.

OP
kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Reaction score
I thought it was for the camera!?!

Added a new image from their web site that clearly shows the cutout for the camera.

mszv

Reaction score
As I said in another thread - that case is insanely beautiful - that leather! And I'll have the screen protected without having to put anything on it.

Just want to confirm that you really can use the keyboard while the Droid is in the case. I sent an email to the Noreve people, after I got my email notification, but I haven't gotten a reply yet.

I'm looking at my other devices (have a Creative Zen xfi) and I'm thinking - now I want a cover for that too! Those cases are so beautiful. I thought I wanted basic black or grey, but I'm thinking that now I want a color - I really like the purple, and all those blue ones are nice too.

MikeFL25

Reaction score
I think I am going to take the plunge and order this. I have been waiting to get a case, as I am VERY particular on getting the "right" one for me. This one looks perfect.

The only questions I have about it are whether the magnetic closure activate the car dock mode, and how easy the case is to put on/take off the Droid. It seems that the slide out keyboard is fully accessible which is great.

P_McNeal

Reaction score
I'm not yet so brave, so I look forward to your hands-on review!

MikeFL25

Reaction score
I did it. I ordered the Noreve case. I should have it by Wednesday-Thursday.

I will write up a detailed review, as I am sure kiwiguy will do the same. So, by the end of next week, there will probably be two reviews on this case.

Sherry

Reaction score
Question.... I have been told that you cannot use a magnetic clasp because it will cause the Droid to "stay awake" and drain battery. Is there something about the design on this that precludes that from happening?? If so .. awesome case.