HTC Officially Launches their New Flagship the HTC One

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Feb 19, 2013.

1. xeene

xeene Silver Member

Ratings:
    +691
    all 3(samsung, htc, motorola) will be making 1080p screens this year. all 3 will look good. last thing i'm worried about the screen. only thing htc has over motorola is the camera.

2. droidxd00d

droidxd00d Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Wait for the X phone then. A 5 in 1080p display with a 3500 mah battery.

3. kodiak799

kodiak799 Gold Member

Ratings:
    +801
    Seriously, the hardware is all pretty good at this point. The only differentiation seems to be battery, SD cards and camera.

I could live without an SD card if you gave me like 128gigs of storage. But why would I want to pay for that? No, when I get a new phone I will transfer my 64gig SD to it.

4. MacLeod

MacLeod Member

Ratings:
    +5
    I get what you're saying but I don't think it'll happen. 2300 mha vs 3100 mha and the only thing different really is the screen. The CPU is clocked higher in the One and even tho its only 20p MHz it'll eat more battery. I'm an avid PC builder and overclocker and when you start cranking on these CPU's, their power usage jumps really fast.

The screen might be bigger on the Note but the One has more resolution and will take more horsepower to run.

Add to that the fact I get a full day with heavy 4G use and screen time and still have 40-50% battery left when I put it on the charger for the night after 16 hours. I would be shocked if the One could match that let alone beat it with a battery almost 1/3 smaller.

The battery life isn't the biggest concern I have. Like I said, 18 months into your contract your battery won't hold anywhere near as much of a charge as it did new but since it's non removable, you're screwed for the next couple months whereas with my Note, I can take the old battery out and drop in a shiny new one. ;)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2.

5. jroc

jroc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +63
    Thats funny....cuz my RAZR screen was better than my Rezounds....overall. Notice I said ...my...Rezound....which means I had or still have it. I do still have it. I dont mean a store fly by comparison, I mean an in depth, apples to apples comparison. Too many cons for the Rezound screen vs my RAZR.....hideous screen res, putrid screen n all. After the cons....when it came to preferences....I liked the RAZR screen more. The screens on the Bionic and RAZR's were waaaay overblown IMO. I still see a Bionic from time to time to this day...and I still dont see what all the complaining was about. I also had a G Nex, have a Maxx HD now.

That said....LCD and Amoled screens have gotten better since then...so the screens are almost a wash now.

The battery complaints... these chips do get more efficient with newer versions. Anyone with a DNA should be able to say if its an issue or not. I believe for the most part it isnt. We wont know until battery life tests come out, user posts come out. The One has a bigger battery than the DNA.. But...the One has a chip thats clocked a lil faster too.. Its clocked a lil faster...but should be more efficient since its newer. So we will just have to wait n see about battery life.

6. WestOkid

WestOkid Active Member

Ratings:
    +31
    I get all the talk about the battery. I also wish they would have sacrificed a bit of thinness and weight for a bigger battery; maybe 2600mah like the RAZR HD. That said, I hate to harp on that supposed flaw because HTC has done so many things right with this phone. The combination of size, build materials, screen, speakers, camera, and specs make this the best smartphone ever created. Even the 2300mah battery is no slouch; it trumps every non-phablet except the Moto HDs. Believe me, this former TBolt owner is no HTC fan, but if I were not under contract, I am trashing my S3 and picking this up. HTC just needs to step up their marketing game to make this a winner.

7. MacLeod

MacLeod Member

Ratings:
    +5
    I can agree with that. It still is a outstanding phone but the non removable battery and no SD support are simply deal breakers for me. Aside from that I agree that this is a damn nice phone with the best screen on the market.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2.

8. cybertec69

cybertec69 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +318
    For another month, when the S4 is announced.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Droid Forums

9. WestOkid

WestOkid Active Member

Ratings:
    +31
    I looked at my S3 and thought. If we are honest with ourselves, we all know the S4 will not hold a candle to this phone's build quality. As usual, Samsung will use the cheapest available cell phone material of any flagship device. We are about 75% sure it will have a pentile display. Then it will have gimmicks in touchwiz that none of us use. Aka S-voice and everything else. HTC's biggest miss with this phone is not being Samsung or Apple. Sent from my GalaxyS3.

10. sweeeeet

sweeeeet Silver Member

Ratings:
    +65
    I'll never understand the build quality arguments when most people use cases on their super durable phones.. build quality is fixable with a $5 case... you can't fix missing SD slots.. smaller non removable batteries and the phone not even being on your network... samsung is addressing screen build quality with their new screens and actual s4 specs remain to be seen but there's no doubt it will be phenomenal

11. summit21

summit21 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    My point was not to compare the Rezound vs Razr Maxx HD, which by the way both have 720p displays, but the Rezound has a better resolution at 340 PPI vs. 312 for the Maxx HD. The HTC One will have an eye popping 468PPI, 1080P display, hands down the best display available when it is released, the DNA being next at 440PPI, the Razr Maxx HD is nowhere close to these two.

12. summit21

summit21 Member

Ratings:
    +2
Search tags for this page

65gig htc

htc one steel black 64 gig in singapore

one v

where in singapore do they sell htc one black 65 gig