New bionic update....finally!

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
i dont see any reason it wont

I could be wrong but I don't think it will work if on 901, if the update files is labeled with ".893", because that is the system it will look for. If it see's 901 it will not match. I am not sure if this is how it works though.

Reaction score
If someone will post the file we can try captain.

That's how I updated to .893 and .901. I guess that's why I'm worried about it, since I didn't upgrade the past two times OTA, but by sideloading the files. I don't mind doing so for .902 either, but it would be nice to know that I'm in the normal update path.

americanz

Reaction score
That's how I updated to .893 and .901. I guess that's why I'm worried about it, since I didn't upgrade the past two times OTA, but by sideloading the files. I don't mind doing so for .902 either, but it would be nice to know that I'm in the normal update path.

901 was an official release where it was by mistake or not. they kind of have to support it. they cant abandon the people who THEY sent it to

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
They seem to think on roozwiki that we need to be on 893. Hopefully that is not true. Motorola does have the capacity to abandoned 901 people. I dont trust them, they are crooked at Moto.

deckerbm

Reaction score
I'm on 901 and got signed up for the soak. System Updates says my phone is up to date. I would upload it before updating if it would actually get pushed to my phone...

americanz

Reaction score
I could be wrong but I don't think it will work if on 901, if the update files is labeled with ".893", because that is the system it will look for. If it see's 901 it will not match. I am not sure if this is how it works though.

didnt see yours til i posted mine lol. but you have a good point

Reaction score
didnt see yours til i posted mine lol. but you have a good point

Normally I would agree with you both (americanz and Stelv), but as americanz said earlier Verizon pushed .901 to a bunch of people, so they must be included in the upgrade path because they are running an officially (albeit accidentally) pushed update. Since I'm running that exact same file (that I sideloaded), it is as if I was also pushed that update. Therefore, people on .901 must be included in this new update.

Well, that's how it SHOULD work, but who knows...

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea I knew Moto would screw us. I am gonna have to try and do a Pathsaver now. Moto is honestly the worst.

RETUSAFNCO

Reaction score
This update is confidential.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums