droid-bionic-5-9-905-update-ready-to-rollout-fix

Hollywood67

Reaction score
Quick question here. I flashed the leak of .905 about a week ago and I was thinking of reverting back to .902. I actually have had a few problems and just figured it was because of the leak. Now I see that big red is in the "coming soon" phase. Should I roll back to .902 and wait for the OTA? Or isn't it the same thing?
Thanks in advance!!

Maddog241

Reaction score
Quick question here. I flashed the leak of .905 about a week ago and I was thinking of reverting back to .902. I actually have had a few problems and just figured it was because of the leak. Now I see that big red is in the "coming soon" phase. Should I roll back to .902 and wait for the OTA? Or isn't it the same thing?
Thanks in advance!!

It will be the exact same thing. If there was any difference or changes made, the build number (905) would be different. Did you do a battery/sim pull?

Hollywood67

Reaction score
It will be the exact same thing. If there was any difference or changes made, the build number (905) would be different. Did you do a battery/sim pull?
Yea, that's kind of what I figured. If it has the same number. No I didn't pull my battery or sim out. Should I? Why??

Maddog241

Reaction score
Yea, that's kind of what I figured. If it has the same number. No I didn't pull my battery or sim out. Should I? Why??

Depends on what kind of problems you are having. If it is data or signal issues, powering down, removing battery and sim for a few minutes, powering back up without sim to home screen, powering down, and then back up with sim and battery replaced can help...especially following an upgrade. This forces your phone to "re-register" on the network.

There are also other ideas depending on what issues you are having.

Maddog241

Reaction score
I take it that if I want to upgrade to 905, I'll have revert back to 902 from 904 in order to achieve this, yes?

I believe that is correct since 904 was "acquired" from the Moto servers through through the Cheesecake app, and was never an officially released build.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
jssmith76 said:
I take it that if I want to upgrade to 905, I'll have revert back to 902 from 904 in order to achieve this, yes?

Yes, or use the update that goes from 904 to 905. I think I saw it on this forum.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums