New 5.9.905 Update for Droid Bionic Rolling Out Soon; Not ICS, but Improves LTE

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Well it's nice to know that the 905 I got 3 weeks ago is official. At least I won't have to FXZ back to 902 for an update.

blufftontiger

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 64GB
I just got the following email from the Motorola Feedback Network:

Hi.

Thanks for signing up for the Motorola Feedback Network test of software for your Droid Bionic on Verizon. In a bit of a timing surprise, you may already be seeing the software downloading to your Bionic.

Please go here (link removed) to provide your feedback. We will be soaking through the weekend, and I will also send out a survey, probably Sunday, for your evaluations.

Regards,

- Matt

​So this is a soak test?

tarheelmike

Reaction score
I got the same email after I got the update

I just got the following email from the Motorola Feedback Network:

Hi.

Thanks for signing up for the Motorola Feedback Network test of software for your Droid Bionic on Verizon. In a bit of a timing surprise, you may already be seeing the software downloading to your Bionic.

Please go here (link removed) to provide your feedback. We will be soaking through the weekend, and I will also send out a survey, probably Sunday, for your evaluations.

Regards,

- Matt

​So this is a soak test?

Disneyman

Reaction score
Just got the update and checking it out. My bionic seems super fast.

jayman350

Reaction score
the soak was done over the weekend according to the forum link in that email. its kinda weird this is the first update that has actually ever been pushed to my phone, I installed it this afternoon at work (3G only) and didn't notice a difference until i was at home (4G area) where I lost data for a while. It didn't come back on until I turned on wifi. I hadn't lost data in like a month before installing this update, we'll see how this plays out.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^ I think you're confused, jayman350. The email came today. Meaning the soak test will be over the upcoming weekend. Not hard to be confused with this one, though, as Verizon claims it's already approved (by the PDF on their site) even though the soak just started.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Right. It looks like the soakers are getting it now and are supposed to respond to a survey coming out on Sunday (the 10th).

Presumably the rest of us should be getting it next week.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
it really shouldn't be this hard to get it right.... can't wait for the gs3 I just have to figure out how to afford it

jayman350

Reaction score
ok I see where I got confused. That thread was started on the Sat June 2nd and they mentioned that the test will only be a couple of days. I assumed that the day the thread started was when they started rolling out the soak.

I haven't noticed any differences with 905 compared to 902. 902 was rock solid for me, I had not dropped data in over a month.

I thought about waiting a little bit to see how it works out for others but I decided to jump in, maintained root using Voodoo OTA rootkeeper.