Goodby 901, hello 902

OP
mandragora

mandragora

Reaction score
There does not seem to be that much in this release:

• Remove VCast Music preload
  • Add Amazon MP3 app preload
  • Motorola Terms and Conditions screen automatically enables data collection/location details
  • Google security patch to block access to change Home panel icons
  • After factory reset, location consent screen shown on activation screen
  • Change “Terms and Condition” screen title to “Motorola Terms of Service”
Hopefully that means that everything in 901 is ok and 902 will actually get rolled out to users soon.

CurGeorge8

Reaction score
Can anyone provide a second source for this that isn't droidlife or a single post on the motorola.com forums?

ohaaron

Reaction score
Thank you very much for posting those. However, both give links back to Droid Life so they aren't as independent sources as one would hope for.

Sorry, I compiled that post on my phone and didn't even notice! I've been searching around, and I can't find anything either! I believe Droid life, though... they were the ones who discovered .901.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am signed up to be a soak tester. I have not received an email about an additional soak test, period. Normally, we get an email about an upcoming "project" - nothing yet.

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
Any reports someone actually getting the update?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Batman8

Reaction score
I am signed up to be a soak tester. I have not received an email about an additional soak test, period. Normally, we get an email about an upcoming "project" - nothing yet.

Dave12308,

Can you tell me how and where you signed up to become a soak tester? I have spoken to both Verizon AND Motorola about it numerous times and no one seems to know how to go about doing it!!! I was even on the phone with Motorola once who thought there was a place on their own forum to sign up, but as we both looked at their forum while on the phone NEITHER one of us could find ANY information on it.

Can you possibly provide a link? That would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks.

CurGeorge8

Reaction score
Dave12308,

Can you tell me how and where you signed up to become a soak tester? I have spoken to both Verizon AND Motorola about it numerous times and no one seems to know how to go about doing it!!! I was even on the phone with Motorola once who thought there was a place on their own forum to sign up, but as we both looked at their forum while on the phone NEITHER one of us could find ANY information on it.

Can you possibly provide a link? That would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks.
https://forums.motorola.com/posts/77d4221775

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

Tonik

Reaction score
No matter, they were good sources. I do see in the news here at http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...id-bionic-getting-new-5-9-902-update-now.html other sources are mentioned.

If you follow those links and follow who their sources are you always end up back at Droid Life. Meanwhile I cannot find a single post on any of the droid forums where someone says 'I got this update'. Nor can I find a single fellow soak tester (I was one last time) that got the email we always get from Moto saying the test is about to start. So it isn't a soak test, imho. Now did Moto send it to a few people like they did 901. Maybe, but when they did that with 901 it was all over this board and others and we had a copy of it posted here within a few hours. None of that has happened. So far there is nothing other than Droid Life and the other websites that are quoting Droid Life.

Not sure what all that means, but that is how I see it.

CurGeorge8

Reaction score
Whats interesting is ... there is a post on the motorola forums where a user posted that their 'friend' got an e-mail about the .902 update. No source link, no 3rd party verification, just a wide open statement.

The article appeared on Droid Life shortly after that forum post; then a hundred other android sites and a thousand new forum posts appeared based on the DL story. Now, instantly, you have a list of 'credible' sources, when in reality, the only source we have is an e-mail someone got from a friend ..... :p