New 3D Home Replacement Coming Soon

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
very nice... love the gestures...

signed up on their site, hope i can try this out...

worried it may be too bloated? we will see

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
very nice... love the gestures...

signed up on their site, hope i can try this out...

worried it may be too bloated? we will see

That was my thought as well... coming from HTC WM devices these 3d plugins always seem to draw too much on the system to be worth it. Also wasn't there a 3d app drawer or something from 2.1 that supposedly got dropped by Moto because of such concerns?

Looks nice, but personally I prefer function to form and I think we're still one or two generations from having phones (and/or OS) that can handle this appropriately w/o sacrificing performance.

joeymoose

Reaction score
I like a few things from the video, would not want to change everything. Plus, I'm sure this will slow the current Droid's down to much.

huskur

Reaction score
pretty hot!! likely wont be available for awhile. Still have testing to do i am sure

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Lol whoops I guess I should contribute to this thread instead of making my own. Just found out about it! I really like the functionality as it provides some really unique features.

They only thing I'm really not liking is the Graphics they used for all the widgets. I dunno it all looks too "plastic-y" and "OMG I have SMOOTH ROUND edges". It ends up looking really "fake" to me.

Not to bash it at all, as I'm actually really interested and excited about it!! :icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I wanna give it a try. The message widget looks sweet. I like the UI

moot

Reaction score
I really want to give this a try. I'm curios if it will greatly affect battery drain, though.

M

Matth3w

I know I'm in the minority here, but it looks more for form over function, like "hey look what I can do". I text message a ton. Scrolling through all that Rolodex looking widget to me looks about as pleasing as crapping on the floor.

As if home replacement apps weren't slow enough, I can't imagine how this will handle even overclocked to 1GHz or more.

That being said, I'll still try it out. :D

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I also like the looks of it........time to contact the developer. Thanks for the link

M

Matth3w

If they were able to make that video as involved as it is, I would think we would be close to seeing this project.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know I'm in the minority here, but it looks more for form over function, like "hey look what I can do". I text message a ton. Scrolling through all that Rolodex looking widget to me looks about as pleasing as crapping on the floor.

As if home replacement apps weren't slow enough, I can't imagine how this will handle even overclocked to 1GHz or more.

Well apparently this demo is running on an HTC Hero, so if it can on that I'm sure it'll run quite nicely on our Powerhouse phones!! But I agree it's somewhat a little gimicky but I still wanna try it!!

M

Matth3w

Just curious, if you hit the email subscribe up in the upper right is it going to sub me to the whole site or just that article. It seems like the whole site...

M

Matth3w

Well apparently this demo is running on an HTC Hero, so if it can on that I'm sure it'll run quite nicely on our Powerhouse phones!! But I agree it's somewhat a little gimicky but I still wanna try it!!
1) How are they able to optimize it so well when something like GDE lags like a mofo

2) What do you suppose they are using to record the video? I can never get clear images like that when trying to record my phone, like for a how to or something