New 3D Home Replacement Coming Soon

Reaction score
I was just thinking, from the looks of it... this could be more than a home replacer... this may very well be... a whole different Operating System of its on...

Similar to your rooter roosters... how you recognize your Bugless Beast's, Sholes's, Smoked Glass's, etc... but it could take it a step further... without violating the warranty.

You know how a Mac has BootCamp? Maybe the developers found a way to partition the phone's memory, and run a separate OS (TAT Home), or possibly they have found a way to make Android lay in a "dormant" state, while TAT Home becomes the forefront.

I'm not sure, all ocular observation here. All theory I'm spewing here.

JasonLee

Reaction score
Hmmm... how can the coders do this?

Lets see... according to my coding calculations... if the coders of this beautiful home replacement... depletes, nulls, and relinquishes the native home process completely, while having an IF ELSE coding scheme to call upon the default home launcher IF the home replacement crashes and the IF is false in the sense of the home replacement cannot relaunch itself... ELSE would call up the native home launcher.

After all, the native home launcher is on the system of course... maybe these codes here have found how to call upon it, without it running in the background.

Unfortunately the home "replacement" applications you all use, isn't really a "replacement", more so they are "facades" all the while the kernel of the system is still running the native home launcher.

The paging of the system could have many page faults... with both home launchers running, thus every time you run a stand-off application, like for example Gallery, etc... the system pages its memory basically seeing what will run what... this stuff can get icky.

Like I said, hopefully these coders are brilliant in the sense that they killed the native launcher. But even if they haven't found a code to distinguish the native home launcher, hopefully they have found a more efficient... power and resource efficient compensative.

Coding is fun, trust me. Not! lol no, it really is...

and thats the problem with all the "replacement" homes. i love the idea, but have no use for them when i have all the problems that tag along with them.

but, who knows maybe this will blow me away. i signed up so we shall see what happens

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wonder if the 6 screens they showed are part of the app or standard with the hero they were showing it on.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I want I want I want. I may not even like it, but I sure wanna play :)

ipawd1

Reaction score
So are they currently doing beta testing? I've read some people have tested it out. I'd like to be one of them

nkcavs23

Reaction score
this doesnt look like a home replacement, rather just more widgets. so can you pick and choose?

mikedav1

Reaction score
Their press says they are announcing now at the Mobile World Conference this week. So, maybe it is ready for at least a beta release.
Looks very slick and smooth. But, it is a movie and anything can be done in a movie.

actrack03

Reaction score
Their press says they are announcing now at the Mobile World Conference this week. So, maybe it is ready for at least a beta release.
Looks very slick and smooth. But, it is a movie and anything can be done in a movie.
Very true but if it can do what they claim I think it would be amazing as long as it doesn't take up too many resources.

ipawd1

Reaction score
I hope they make some progress. Cause I was impressed with Slidescreen too, and they flatlined

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This isn't ready for beta yet. They are in the Alpha stage right now. Tht doesn't mean it won't be ready for beta soon though