Netflix streaming on Droid X

Natey2

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if we have the capability of Streaming NETFLIX on the droid X yet? I am not rooted and have seen some info on the Gingerbread toolbox...help....

I couldn't find the Netflix app everyone was raving about in the Market for my DroidX. Googled around, and found this version works on my unrooted stock DroidX:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1076150

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app

DrSarcasmo

Reaction score
I can confirm what Natey2 says. I'm running the device check disabled version on my stock non-rooted Froyo .340 Droid X and it streams beautifully to my big TV using RealHDMI. THIS is what I bought a Droid X for! Glorious.

Misphit917

Reaction score
Yeah I'm happy over all it works great...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Can anyone tell me if we have the capability of Streaming NETFLIX on the droid X yet? I am not rooted and have seen some info on the Gingerbread toolbox...help....

I couldn't find the Netflix app everyone was raving about in the Market for my DroidX. Googled around, and found this version works on my unrooted stock DroidX:
[APP]Official Netflix (new device check disabled) - xda-developers

No DRM License Error?

Natey2

Reaction score
No DRM License Error?

No error of any kind. Watched the first part of two movies on my stock DroidX running Android 2.2.1, and also on my Windows laptop.
It is much better quality than other services I have tried, and I might even subscribe after this free 30-day trial.

sweenbeen

Reaction score
Got it installed and logged in. Can see my queue but when I try to play anything it doesn't load and goes back to the suggestions page

jeffdanger

Reaction score
Thanks for the XDA link. Works on my unrooted X with 2.2.1 GREAT!

Dave37

Reaction score
I was on rooted GB .573 and was able to stream with no problems. I recently flashed Rubix 2.0.1 and now the the problem is, I can't load any of the lists, but I can resume what I was previously watching.

EDIT: Ok, just opened it again and everything loaded. Guess it's just sometimes it doesn't work.

tenacious bee

Reaction score
Works perfectly on my DX. Not rooted. Won't get past the log in screen on my wife's ota froyo updated fascinate.

sweenbeen

Reaction score
Ya not sure what's up. Movie or show never loads on my stock DroidX. It starts to then in like 30 seconds it kicks back to the main screen after you log in.

Any ideas?

tenacious bee

Reaction score
Which version did you download? I tried the apk only and got the device not supported. The version with device id removed works flawlessly. Not on the fascinate though. Won't go past the log in.

sweenbeen

Reaction score
I am using the one without the device verification... so the same one as you.

tenacious bee

Reaction score
Sounds similar to what we are experiencing with the fascinate. I can't play with the fascinate until this evening. If I get anywhere I will let you know. I have not tried my dx without wi fi by the way.

sweenbeen

Reaction score
Ya its doing the same thing on wifi... so I'm not sure its a connectivity problem

jerryq2

Reaction score
Doesn't work for me says not supported on your device. But I have not been able to download gingerbread either I put it on my sd card not in a folder and when I try to install it it fails.