Netflix streaming on Droid X

jpatenaude

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if we have the capability of Streaming NETFLIX on the droid X yet? I am not rooted and have seen some info on the Gingerbread toolbox...help....

mrtoto54660

Reaction score
You have to be on the the Gingerbread OS to stream netflix. I am rooted using GB and can stream no problem. Loving it too.

thinman72069

Reaction score
We have to wait for the official GB update to stream vids. You download the app now, though.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

myotheralt

Reaction score
Has there been some change since yesterday? I just tried to run netflix and it kept saying it couldn't connect.

Droid X, Gingerbread .595 z4root.

mrtoto54660

Reaction score
We have to wait for the official GB update to stream vids. You download the app now, though.

You dont have to be on the "Official" GB. I am on 4.5.595 and works greaunderstand, t

I meant if you're running stock. We're not rooted.

Understand, as of right now stock can't get it. Rooted users on 4.5.595 Can. Sorry for the confusion, my first post said I was rooted running 4.5.595 and that it worked. The official app does not work it was tweeked to work.

myotheralt

Reaction score
Mrmoto, that is the same one I had installed. I uninstalled and reinstalled it, and now it works. I have no idea what was wrong.

fireman00

Reaction score
if you try to install the app from the Market you'll either not see it, or of you to to the Web version you'll get a message "your phone is not supported".

Except for about 5 models, it is not supported via the Market ... and no Droid models are supported.

Misphit917

Reaction score
Yes that is true, but there is one that works on the droid x....I have been using it all day everyday you should Google it.

fireman00

Reaction score
Netflix is not supported on a non-rooted Droid X. The official Netflix version which is available to those select phone will not load on a Droid X - "this phone is not supported". An NICE hit by Jonathan Niece.

skywalker89

Reaction score
actually..some of the things you guys are saying is not true. You don't have to be rooted to install this app. I installed the tweaked Netflix app and could do everything but stream. My phone is on GB .591

I sent the same app to my friend on stock DX without root and he was able to stream American Dad instantly! It seems to vary on which build you have.

So if you are not rooted, go ahead and download the tweaked verison (the one that doesn't check which phone you have) and enjoy Netflix!