Netflix

ericsbcn

Reaction score
Isn't is supposed to be available from the Market? I thought I read that once you upgraded to Gingerbread, you could get it from the Market. I upgraded this morning and searched the Market, but I didn't see a Netflix app available.

ericsbcn

Reaction score
I just tried to install it from the Android Market web site. I found it okay but when I tried to install, it said it was not compatible with my device.

Leung

Reaction score

glshub

Reaction score
I got the HDMI cable...All it will let me do is view pics and vids on my phone...I can't view netflix or anything else streaming. What do I need or what am I doind wrong??

beechtom

Reaction score
You need Real HDMI to stream netflix to your tv. I also use volume+ for added sound control.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

thechop

Reaction score
I have Netflix on my DX. Works great! I will look and see where i got it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Natey2

Reaction score
Netflix v1.3.0 build 246 from the Market works on my DroidX.
You can get the HDMI cable for under $5 at Amazon.
To stream to an external HDMI TV, consider the free "Xternal Display for Droid X" app.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app.

Last edited:

cece5702

Reaction score
Who actually watch movies on the Maxx? How's the battery afterwards? Just curious!

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

DocsDad

Reaction score
I watch movies and TV shows from time to time on mine. Mainly at work over 4G. (shh)

Battery drain is substantial but not out of line considering the display time that is on (usually 100%) and say, 90 minutes of streaming. I do plug in to offset some of the drain when I can though. The big battery really does well.

I had the Razr for a while, as well as the OG Droid and the big battery really makes a difference. I would not hesitate to watch while traveling and such.

cece5702

Reaction score
Awesome! It's $7 a month correct? I thought it was just movies. Didn't know TV shows also. Woo Hoo! Luv luv luv it!

DocsDad

Reaction score
Awesome! It's $7 a month correct? I thought it was just movies. Didn't know TV shows also. Woo Hoo! Luv luv luv it!

Yeah TV too :) I watched several episodes of Criminal Minds and I see now they have Medium. I may go back to the beginning of that series too.

cece5702

Reaction score
Criminal Minds? Omg! No way! This is a must have! Thanks :)

cece5702

Reaction score
The fee for Netflix is $7 monthly?