I've got a question about HDMI out on the Maxx

tmal2

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to my question but I just want to verify it here. Am I correct in assuming I can show my streaming Netflix from my phone on a television with an HDMI input as long as I get the proper cable? Will it show full screen on my television?

I currently have a Netflix streaming account and have a TV with an open HDMI port. I'm sitting on an upgrade and giving the Maxx a lot of consideration. One of the things I really want to be able to do is stream Netflix to my TV from the phone. I know there are easier ways to do it but I'm looking to do it this way because I want to do this when I stay on my boat where I don't have access to a PS3, Wii or other streaming device.

What's involved in setting up the phone to stream to the TV?

Thanks in advance for any input.

droidD90

Reaction score
I have the MAXX and an HDMI cable from best buy , just plug the Maxx in set it to mirror and start your Netflix, oh of course set your TV what ever port your plugging it into, the cable cost around $30.00.

sent from my Razr MAXX!

MightyT01

Reaction score
Just watch your data usage if you don't have unlimited. Netflix streaming from my Bionic and Maxx look terrific on an HDTV. Just finished streaming a movie right now on my hotel room's HDTV. Amazon has some great deals on micro HDMI to standard HDMI cables.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

mykl376

Reaction score
Amazon or monoprice.com. Get that cable for around $5. Never buy cables from a retail store if you can help it. They also have a micro HDMI to HDMI adapter, so you could use a regular HDMI cable if you already have an extra one around.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

texas200

Reaction score
Netflix streaming looks incredible, 1080p to be exact. I used 50gb in two weeks streaming Breaking Bad. All you need is micro HDMI to standard HDMI cable, plays full screen. You would not believe it is streaming from your phone.

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx (with plenty of 4g battery power left)

SallyC

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to my question but I just want to verify it here. Am I correct in assuming I can show my streaming Netflix from my phone on a television with an HDMI input as long as I get the proper cable? Will it show full screen on my television?

I currently have a Netflix streaming account and have a TV with an open HDMI port. I'm sitting on an upgrade and giving the Maxx a lot of consideration. One of the things I really want to be able to do is stream Netflix to my TV from the phone. I know there are easier ways to do it but I'm looking to do it this way because I want to do this when I stay on my boat where I don't have access to a PS3, Wii or other streaming device.

What's involved in setting up the phone to stream to the TV?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Be sure your cable has a micro (not mini) on one end. I got this 15 ft cable at Amazon for $12 and it works great. Plug one end into your TV, the other in to your phone. Use the phone's pull down from the notification area to select Mirror and you should be good to go. If you're thinking the image on the TV is too big or small, go to the phone and select Menu>Settings>HDMI and Scan to get the size you want.

Enjoy! I've done it with YT and it looks great!

doggy2965

Reaction score
Get the long cable as you have to control programming from pgone

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

smmfc

Reaction score
I got my cable for $2 on ebay and couldn't be happier it streams great

OP
T

tmal2

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. This is exactly the information I was looking for.

Netflix streaming looks incredible, 1080p to be exact. I used 50gb in two weeks streaming Breaking Bad. All you need is micro HDMI to standard HDMI cable, plays full screen. You would not believe it is streaming from your phone.

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx (with plenty of 4g battery power left)

Texas, I'm still unlimited so I'm not worried but thanks for the warning.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Netflix looks great, but has anyone noticed motocast's quality isn't near as good. The image is just not as sharp.

Netflix also blacks out the phones screen during play back, moto doesn't .. (battery saver)

----posted maxx'ed out----

smmfc

Reaction score
3g plays it pretty good a bit grainy at first then it's all clear when the buffer catches up. I have never got to use 4g on my RAZR yet so ill I've used is 3g

Kack

Reaction score
I bought mine off Monoprice.com for 4$ 12 ft. i buy all my cables from there. should get it today and be able to plug it into the tv. i mainly got it for when i am out of town staying in hotels so i can watch netflix. :)

MrTommy

Reaction score
Always a bit leery...

While I'm sure cables are different than chargers when it comes to buying 'aftermarket', I had some bad luck with stuff I got from eBay. I picked up a couple chargers from eBay for my old enV2 phones - and they worked fine. However, when I got my Moto Droid I and tried to charge it, it went bonkers when I plugged it in. Broke out my official Verizon charger and all was well.

I'm always a bit leery of aftermarket stuff, especially after the charger issue. Of course, what could go wrong with aftermarket cables? As soon as we pick up our new Maxx's this weekend, I'm sure we'll be in the market for all kinds of new stuff. After all, we're not buying phones, we're buying hand held computers! :blink:

While I'm as interested in the 'best price' as the next person, I'm also aware that the 'best price' isn't always the 'best deal'.