Netflix streaming on Droid X

bdb312

Reaction score
running 2.3.3 but not rooted, have downloaded three versions of netflix and i can do everything till the movie starts then its a black screen. i cant seem to find anyone who has gotten past that. it seems to either work or not and thats it, or have i missed something somewhere?

sweenbeen

Reaction score
I was on the Leaked GB (unrooted) version and when I installed and run the Netflix app, it would do everything short of actually playing the movie. Today, I sbf'ed back to stock froyo and thought I give it a try again. I used the same apk file that I downloaded while on GB and installed it once sbf'ing was complete and it seems that the movies r playing on the X now. The apk file I used is from Dowload Link 1 (netflix-devicecheck-disabled

That was the same issue with me. But it works now... only thing is it is not sluggish for me =\

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Netflix app worked for me on Froyo and it works for me on Gingerbread .595.

wicozani

Reaction score
Just loaded this on my wife and my Droid Xs, and it is working great! We're both rooted, she on stock Froyo and I'm running Apex 1.3.1. No or minimal buffering, crisp clear picture. This is a great addition to our current setups!

sandyis

Reaction score
Netflix crashes

netflix just crashes right after I sign in?
Sandy
stock droid x

sweenbeen

Reaction score
Try the other app....

sweenbeen

Reaction score
They list 3 at the beginning of the forum... try the one that fixes the log in issues

sandyis

Reaction score
yup got some help, got it goi'n use the free HDMI app there are two and one is totally free. Works awesome, imagine HD from phone to tv. Now if some one could make a app that made world peace, things could be better!
Smile
Sandy
non rooted stock DroidX