Netflix streaming on Droid X

fretcruiser

Reaction score
You guys are phenomenal! I bought the DX a few months ago because I while I was doing research it appeared to me that this is the mother of all smartphones.
Then, once I got it, I've had to go through 4 different CLNR's because the screens on the ones they sent me all had issues. On top of that I couldn't stream netflix on my 4.3 inch screen. I was literally about to break my contract with verizon and switch over to another carrier.

Well, I finally got a perfectly working CLNR and thanks to you guys I can watch Netflix! All is well.dancedroid

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Have any of y'all noticed that on the Netflix app, the video can get really blurry at times?

My HDMI port is also screwed up somehow and I have tried everything. Worked fine yesterday...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

matt2783

Reaction score
hello..long time droid user..i just want 2no how to start and use netflx on my droidx..thx

If you just read through this thread you should be able to figure it out but all you have to do is download the apk found here [APP]Official Netflix (new device check disabled) - xda-developers

download the device checker disabled version. then, either email it to yourself or put it on your sd card and open and install it with a file browser. Astro file manager will work if you don't have one. (free from market)

quiet1

Reaction score
I was on the Leaked GB (unrooted) version and when I installed and run the Netflix app, it would do everything short of actually playing the movie. Today, I sbf'ed back to stock froyo and thought I give it a try again. I used the same apk file that I downloaded while on GB and installed it once sbf'ing was complete and it seems that the movies r playing on the X now. The apk file I used is from Dowload Link 1 (netflix-devicecheck-disabled)

P.S. for some reason the app seems to b running really slugging and glitchy while on froyo (this wasn't happening while on GB) and no list is coming up. THe only option it gave me was to resume a movie i had stopped mid way...a movie i was previously watching on my computer.

sweenbeen

Reaction score
I wish people would read before asking why it doesn't work. Because so far (aside from me. Which I got it working somehow) those that have a probelm didn't install the correct version. =\

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Indeed. I'm on froyo liberty and the devicecheck disabled works great. A little reading never hurt anyone

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

Demon340

Reaction score
Well that is the first one I tried and it wouldn't install. I tried the second link that was posted and it worked great. Possibly something doesn't always down load right.

This was a reply to matt2783. I hit reply instead of quote

Last edited:

sweenbeen

Reaction score
Indeed. I'm on froyo liberty and the devicecheck disabled works great. A little reading never hurt anyone

Bump

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well that is the first one I tried and it wouldn't install. I tried the second link that was posted and it worked great. Possibly something doesn't always down load right.

This was a reply to matt2783. I hit reply instead of quote

If you're talking about the xda thread link, i believe the second link is the devicecheck disabled apk. The first was the virgin and the third was the mod-2 for those that get a failed login. Glad you got it sorted though

xmguy

Reaction score
I have my X running Netflix. I'm running 2.3.595 odexed and rooted. Works great.

Sent from XMGUY's Droid X.

Shibbey

Reaction score
I have my X running Netflix. I'm running 2.3.595 odexed and rooted. Works great.

Sent from XMGUY's Droid X.

Same here but deodexed.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dxgeek35

Reaction score
How much does the app use of my 3g internet? I have the app and want to use it more often but am worried about big red throttling my X's internet

Reaction score
Probably quite a bit, but I wouldn't worry about them throttling. Maybe I'm being nieve, but I haven't heard of them doing that.

Sent from my DROIDX