Netflix streaming on Droid X

tenacious bee

Reaction score
Doesn't work for me says not supported on your device. But I have not been able to download gingerbread either I put it on my sd card not in a folder and when I try to install it it fails.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Make sure you download the version with device detection removed. Go to files and install it from the downloads folder. I am on a stock dx. Pretty much how it came out of the box plus the vzw ota from back in january or so.

ScratchyPDX

Reaction score
Make sure you download the version with device detection removed. Go to files and install it from the downloads folder. I am on a stock dx. Pretty much how it came out of the box plus the vzw ota from back in january or so.

+1 - Like tenacious bee, I am running Nexflix on a stock DX, with the APK that has the device detection removed. Works great!

inswva

Reaction score
Working so far on my rooted Liberty 1.5 DX using the no device detection apk. I only tested about 5 minutes of Archer but it worked well.

bce4800

Reaction score
Every time I try to download it it keeps saying my device is not supported.

sweenbeen

Reaction score
Reinstalled it and its working now ^_^ winning.

Last edited:

rjw0501

Reaction score
Works perfect on my unrooted factory droid x, running 2.2.1

I downloaded the 'dont find device' app to my computer, than emailed it to myself....opened the email from phone, hit the install button, and done.

literally took 2 minutes...

Thanks guys.

bond32

Reaction score
It works pretty good on my droid x too. Im running just froyo rooted at the moment. Anyone noticed how much much memory the app uses? I keep checking and the netflix app always uses 20+ mb which is a lot more than any other apps I have.

merriell

Reaction score
hello..long time droid user..i just want 2no how to start and use netflx on my droidx..thx

Demon340

Reaction score
I tried to install it but it won't install. It looks like its installing but I get a message that says application not installed. I have a stock X not rooted. Any ideas as to why it won't install. I have it saved in my download file.

sweenbeen

Reaction score
I tried to install it but it won't install. It looks like its installing but I get a message that says application not installed. I have a stock X not rooted. Any ideas as to why it won't install. I have it saved in my download file.

I had that problem too... I installed the third one (the one that fixes the login problem) un installed it then did the one that didn't check what the device and it worked fine.

bce4800

Reaction score

I'm having the same problem with the same phone.

Demon340

Reaction score
I tried that. It gives me the same message, but thanks.

Natey2

Reaction score

Have you enabled the option of installation of non-market apps?

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app

Demon340

Reaction score

Have you enabled the option of installation of non-market apps?

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app

Yeah the was the first thing I tried.