Need help installing the UD ROM

OP
K

kfloydlezak

Reaction score
ok....so yes, I had my old phone rooted and now trying to root the new phone. Let me make sure I am understanding...So take the UD Rom and name it update.zip. Install with the sprerecovery by pressing X then allow update.zip then installing update.zip. Once done, that should give me my ROM??? boy I did it differently on my old phone.
Thanks
Kerry

gwhiz377

Reaction score
Make sure you're actually rooted before you do that though. Trying to just install UD won't root your phone for you.

OP
K

kfloydlezak

Reaction score
I think I am rooted. Before, I could not press the X and get the options to install or uninstall. It askes me to pick a ROM. I have a ROM (UD) on my SD card, but for some reason it does not recognize it.
Again, thanks for all the questions/help. This is the worst feeling knowing you rooted before and can't root today.

v941726

Reaction score
ok....so yes, I had my old phone rooted and now trying to root the new phone. Let me make sure I am understanding...So take the UD Rom and name it update.zip. Install with the sprerecovery by pressing X then allow update.zip then installing update.zip. Once done, that should give me my ROM??? boy I did it differently on my old phone.
Thanks
Kerry

sounds like you had clockwork mod maybe on your old phone. its a lot easier. you don't have to rename the file or put it in the root of the card or anything. just know where you put it

OP
K

kfloydlezak

Reaction score
Ok responding to both...
Yes clicking "allow update.zip" then installing Zip.
I just purchaed the professional version of clockwork recovery for 4.99 and still cannot install my ROM....(I miss my old phone...crying now)...
I even documented everything last time I Rooted my old D1. But for some reason, when I started to Root it, it threw me into a boot loop. So I went back to stock, then tried to Root again and it worked, but now I can't install the UD Rom.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok responding to both...
Yes clicking "allow update.zip" then installing Zip.
I just purchaed the professional version of clockwork recovery for 4.99 and still cannot install my ROM....(I miss my old phone...crying now)...
I even documented everything last time I Rooted my old D1. But for some reason, when I started to Root it, it threw me into a boot loop. So I went back to stock, then tried to Root again and it worked, but now I can't install the UD Rom.

can you jump on gtalk? I will PM you my info if you want to do that. I can try and walk you through it.

v941726

Reaction score
it sounds like your not quite rooted to me. maybe try another root method. there are probably lots out there for the D1.
what exactly happens when you try to install UD?

OP
K

kfloydlezak

Reaction score
ok guys Ffull helped me and now UD is installed... for those of you doing this, wait until the bar at the bottom (while installing update.zip) has fully finished. We are not sure if it was the file or my lack of impatience :).
Thanks again to all.
If anyone has the same issue I had when rooting, as in red X through battery, boot loops, PM me and I can advise what my mistakes are.
Kerry