Ud frg83d??

Dilligaf

Reaction score
My phone has been nagging me to update since last night. I'm running a stock but rooted 2.2 ROM. Is this just an upgrade for a few apps and therefore safe, or will it unroot me?

I know there's a line in one of the system files that can be modified by Root Explorer which tells VZ to leave the phone alone because it already is running the latest release. Can someone tell me the filename?

Thanks!

Edit: Just did a search and found that metiCKOne has a new ROM out...maybe I'll just go that route. However, I'd still like to know where that file is. Thanks.

Edit 2: Disregard, found it: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/bugless/104781-android-2-2-1-stop-ota-patch.html

Installed metiCKOne's stockish FRG83D ROM...problem solved :)

Last edited:
OP
droidemere

droidemere

Reaction score
My phone has been nagging me to update since last night. I'm running a stock but rooted 2.2 ROM. Is this just an upgrade for a few apps and therefore safe, or will it unroot me?

I know there's a line in one of the system files that can be modified by Root Explorer which tells VZ to leave the phone alone because it already is running the latest release. Can someone tell me the filename?

Thanks!

Edit: Just did a search and found that metiCKOne has a new ROM out...maybe I'll just go that route. However, I'd still like to know where that file is. Thanks.

Edit 2: Disregard, found it: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/bugless/104781-android-2-2-1-stop-ota-patch.html

Installed metiCKOne's stockish FRG83D ROM...problem solved :)

This is what I was talking about... and was wondering if UD would come out with something like this.....

segdoh49

Reaction score
I remember that one of UD's roms was FRG83d, but since my memory is not that great I don't remember which one....might have been 2.0 not going to flash everyone to find out so there..............

OP
droidemere

droidemere

Reaction score
I remember that one of UD's roms was FRG83d, but since my memory is not that great I don't remember which one....might have been 2.0 not going to flash everyone to find out so there..............

Well..Hopefully one of his next updates includes this..I can flash metickone's rom and avoid the update breaking my root ..but..i like UD..

segdoh49

Reaction score

Well..Hopefully one of his next updates includes this..I can flash metickone's rom and avoid the update breaking my root ..but..i like UD..
Then just do this,
You are going to need Root Explorer [You can buy this or you can get this from Applanet (Install0us for Droid) and download it there.]
I AM NOT ENCOURAGING PIRACY AND I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR ACTIONS

You need to navigate to /system/ and then click Mount R/W. Then go to build.prop and click and hold until the menu pops up. Scroll down to Text editor and click that.

Now you need to scroll down until you find this. This is an example using 2.2 Froyo.

ro.build.fingerprint=verizon/voles/sholes/sholes:2.2/FRG01B/45394:user/release-keys

And you will need to change it to this.
ro.build.fingerprint=verizon/voles/sholes/sholes:2.2.1/FRG83D/75603:user/release-keys

Then you will also need to change the line above this to the equivalent.
For example.

ro.build.description=voles-user 2.2 FRG01B 45394 release-keys

To this.
ro.build.description=voles-user 2.2.1 FRG83D 75603 release-keys

Then just reboot, cause I think what this does is just fool the OTA into thinking you already have FRG83D on your device...
Correct me if I'm wrong...anyone !

v941726

Reaction score
I'm using UD 2.4. I have FRG83. I have the dinc. So the d1 must have it too if your on 2.4