Need help installing the UD ROM

kfloydlezak

Reaction score
Ok - so I did everything that the site tells me to do. I for some reason do not have the option in recovery mode to select the ROM. It asks me to select a ROM then i get an error that the TAR cannot be found.
Please help.
Kerry

v941726

Reaction score
Ok - so I did everything that the site tells me to do. I for some reason do not have the option in recovery mode to select the ROM. It asks me to select a ROM then i get an error that the TAR cannot be found.
Please help.
Kerry

your supposed to be looking for a zip file. what recovery are you using?

OP
K

kfloydlezak

Reaction score
i am using sprecovery_0.99.3b. In the past, I think I used something different and was able to change ROMS and themes every day..
Thanks for all your help.
Kerry

v941726

Reaction score
i am using sprecovery_0.99.3b. In the past, I think I used something different and was able to change ROMS and themes every day..
Thanks for all your help.
Kerry

are you rooted? most people use clockwork mod recovery. can find it easily on xda or googling it

OP
K

kfloydlezak

Reaction score
Yes...the reason I say I am rooted is because I can press the X button and power on and have the recovery option. I use to have more options to install by SD card, but now I don't...and I really can't figure out what I did wrong...(banging my head against the wall).

v941726

Reaction score
Yes...the reason I say I am rooted is because I can press the X button and power on and have the recovery option. I use to have more options to install by SD card, but now I don't...and I really can't figure out what I did wrong...(banging my head against the wall).

i think sprecovery is the built in recovery. so it doesn't mean your rooted. you would know if you are. try to download and use superuser and see what happens.

v941726

Reaction score
as you can see, i have the inc. i put cwm on the first day. so he must be rooted then.

OP
K

kfloydlezak

Reaction score
Sooooo I am still confused (sorry). I look like I am rooted, so why can't I install UD? Yes re-named the file to update.zip. This is a replacement droid 1. My old droid - I had a problem with my keyboard. Do you think they put a block on the new D1?
Wait....rename the UD ROM update.zip?

v941726

Reaction score
sounds like you were rooted on your old phone. you would need to root your new phone

gwhiz377

Reaction score
But, don't actually add the ".zip" part as it will do that itself. Just leave it as "update"