Droid X WONT take custom roms HELP!!

droid-love

Reaction score
Okay first off let me say thanks for taking the time to read this and sorry because I know this has been repeated many times but everything I've read so far and tried hasn't worked for me, so to fill you in, I have:

Droid X

Android 2.2 Froyo

Kernel 2.6.32.9-ga42712e

Phone IS rooted

DOES have Busy Box

Does have Bootstrap

I've been trying to install Ultimate Droid, newest version Ive found to download is V8.0 but also Have 7.0, I purchased Rom Manager Premium yet I'm only getting free Roms, can't find SPRecovery download to flash alternate recovery, when I download a rom, (Tried Fly-X, rubiX, Tranquility, and UD7 and 8) none actually take, It will go into recovery run all the scripts/code, then restart and goes through standard Droid boot and shows orig. stats in about, UD on both ver. just gives errors and says to report.
I've tried and tried and even bricked my phone and had to get another one, pllleeeasse help me guys I really wanna run custom roms esp. UD, but I can't get it to work and I've NEVER been one to let technology beat me so I need your help!!! haha.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Droid X will never be able to run custom ROMs. You're best bet is to run one of the overglorified themes that are being touted as custom ROMs :(. Because of the bootloader, the X is unable to accept custom kernels, and all true custom ROMs , including UD, have modified kernels.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Right. And that's because the X can't accept true custom ROMs :(