PLEASE HELP - Stuck at M logo

littlegti84

Reaction score
I've had my Droid rooted almost since I got it in February '10. I've been running UD eXtreme 8 for some time without any problems. For some reason I decided to reload Rom Manager and after trying to flash a new kernal, I'm stuck at the Motorola logo... If I were still running SPRecovery I'd just jump into recovery and reload my last update... I can't seem to get anywhere from here. Anyone have any insight here?

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
I've had my Droid rooted almost since I got it in February '10. I've been running UD eXtreme 8 for some time without any problems. For some reason I decided to reload Rom Manager and after trying to flash a new kernal, I'm stuck at the Motorola logo... If I were still running SPRecovery I'd just jump into recovery and reload my last update... I can't seem to get anywhere from here. Anyone have any insight here?

why do people use rom manager again?

goodluck dude, thats why i like sprecovery, at this point you could just mount as usb drive and load another kernel onto it and reload it..

o Fi1thy

Reaction score
why blast rom manager? and not even help the guy out? you are very useful....go into whatever recovery you are using, and restore your previous backup (ALWAYS make backups when flashing something new) if you have no back ups, If im not mistaken just reset to factory settings. you shouldnt lose root or the rom you are using. just the info on the rom you had

Edit: The only issue i have EVER had with rom manager is sometimes I have to reflash the recovery. Otherwise most of the errors are human errors

Edit2: The reason you are stuck at the M is because your phone cannot handle the kernal you installed. Take it a notch down. Its all trial and error

Last edited:
OP
littlegti84

littlegti84

Reaction score
Is the method of getting into recovery the same as with SPRecovery? I seem to get nothing bit the white circle with the Motorola logo.

o Fi1thy

Reaction score
Is the method of getting into recovery the same as with SPRecovery? I seem to get nothing bit the white circle with the Motorola logo.

This is how i do it:

Do a battery pull, make the screen face you (just easier for me) slide the battery back in, and hold the power and X at the same time. should load into clockwork.

Edit....make sure you have the power and x held down AS SOON as you put the battery back in. if you do it too late it wont load into the recovery

Last edited:
OP
littlegti84

littlegti84

Reaction score

This is how i do it:

Do a battery pull, make the screen face you (just easier for me) slide the battery back in, and hold the power and X at the same time. should load into clockwork.

Yeah, Been using SPRecovery for a long time now, and have the getting into recovery down, but this just wont let me in.

o Fi1thy

Reaction score
Ive had that issue before. it took a few times. did you hold the power and x immediately after like even before the screen lights up?

But like i said I have had that issue once before. I just kept on trying and trying and trying til about the 5th or 6th time and it worked. once i got past the M i went into rom mananger and flashed sprecovery then re flashed clockwork.

It took probably about 20-30 min but somehow it loaded into recovery.

Personally I love Clockwork. very simple to use and have never really had issues besides minor ones such as that. it did scare me though

Last edited:
OP
littlegti84

littlegti84

Reaction score
Ive had that issue before. it took a few times. did you hold the power and x immediately after like even before the screen lights up?

But like i said I have had that issue once before. I just kept on trying and trying and trying til about the 5th or 6th time and it worked. once i got past the M i went into rom mananger and flashed sprecovery then re flashed clockwork.

Personally I love Clockwork. very simple to use and have never really had issues besides minor ones such as that. it did scare me though

I'll try holding the x longer. Yeah, I'm a bit scared right now...

OP
littlegti84

littlegti84

Reaction score
I pretty much always wait till the screen lights up to let the x and power button up.

Boostjunky

Reaction score

I'll try holding the x longer. Yeah, I'm a bit scared right now...

Check your PMs.

o Fi1thy

Reaction score
i do it right after i put the battery back in. before the screen even lights up. ive noticed if the M already comes up i already missed my chance to get into recovery

o Fi1thy

Reaction score
Boost what did you send. Im sure there is an easier way but thats just how i got mine to get back into recovery

OP
littlegti84

littlegti84

Reaction score
i do it right after i put the battery back in. before the screen even lights up. ive noticed if the M already comes up i already missed my chance to get into recovery

I'm sorry, I'm confused. I start holding the x button before I ever touch the power button.

o Fi1thy

Reaction score
Hold them at the exact same time. As quick as you can after you put the battery back in. like i said what i do is, before i have the battery all the way back in. turn the screen towards me, slide the battery back in and as quick as i can hold the power and X button