activation after install

titans1

Reaction score
has anyone else noticed that after you install the update to ud 8 and call to do the activation or even *228 to update roaming you cant get a key pad to select options? or is it just me? i have to slide open the phone and push it on the qwerty.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
dunno. I can tell you though that instead of dialing *228 to update, instead dial *22891. Then, you don't need to select anything for it to work.

kratos

Reaction score
I'm not sure what update you are talking about, but I have never had to call *228 to reactivate my phone after wiping cache and data and flashing a new ROM. I simply sign in to Google and am good to go.

Kratos

hookerdj

Reaction score
i think he is talking about updating his prl's or his baseband and on this rom maybe the keypad doesnt show up...hey titans1 where did you get the download from?

kratos

Reaction score
Ok, I understand what he is saying! I just tried a *228 and I also do not have a visible number pad. I downloaded my ROM straight from Blackdroid's forum long before his site started having issues. I am also have 928Droid's Black Glass theme installed. I have also verified that pressing in the blank area anywhere does not make the key press tones that a phone key pad would normally make. It's as if the key pad simply isn't there at all.

Here is a screenshot:
CAP201010021825.jpg

CAP201010021825.jpg

Last edited:

kratos

Reaction score
Just got word back from androidforums [dot] com that this is due to trying to install a dialer from the settings. If you have done that, you will need to reflash the ROM. Do not wipe data, just flash the ROM.

Kratos

OP
T

titans1

Reaction score
sweet!!! thanks for the info...i was thinking i was going crazy:0

xanaxdroid

Reaction score
You can also use the slide out keypad. Hit Alt 1 for 1 on the dialpad etc.

Sent from my Droid

donerico

Reaction score
I never need to activate the phone after doing a data wipe/factory reset and installing a new ROM. Is this normal?