Need to help going back to stock

scillamonster

Reaction score
I have a Moto Droid that is running UD Froyo extreme 8.0 and I love it...unfortunately my phones lock screen button is worn out and I want to take it back to verizon and complain about it, so I need to go back to stock and erase any signs of me monkeying with it. Now its been about a year or so since I installed this rom and havent thought about it since so consider me a complete novice at this as I have forgotten everything. Where do I start? Do I need to wipe the memory or can I just boot into recovery mode and run my backup (I think I remember the file name) from before I installed the rom? If so will that eliminate all signs of rooting?

Reaction score
What I would do is make a nandroid backup first through recovery or ROM Manager. They shouldn't be taking your SD card if they replace your phone, so it's ok on there. Restore it once you get your other phone.

Download ROM Manager from the market. In the app, go to Download ROM then to Stock Images. You'll probably want the top choice, Verizon Droid 2.2 FRG01B. Tap that and download and it says that there's an unrooted/rooted choice. Though honestly, as long as your phone just looks stock, people at VZW will never know the difference.

I probably would not wipe my data, only because you're going to hope for a different phone. Any other time I would. If it causes problems, then more reason for them to get you a different one, right?