Need advice on buying Milestone in US

MountainX

Reaction score
I want a US English keyboard. And I plan to use it with T-Mobile.
Where should I buy it from? What price should I expect to pay?

kpiskin

Reaction score
I don't think you can buy the Milestone in the US. If you buy the US version Droid, it will be CDMA and not compatible with T-Mobile. You need the Milestone version which will have GSM onboard. I think an unlocked Droid costs about $400-500.

OP
MountainX

MountainX

Reaction score
I don't think you can buy the Milestone in the US. If you buy the US version Droid, it will be CDMA and not compatible with T-Mobile. You need the Milestone version which will have GSM onboard. I think an unlocked Droid costs about $400-500.

I can buy a Milestone through sellers on eBay. But I'm looking for another option...

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well your choice on keyboards is, whatever it comes with. You can buy it through ebay, and stuff like that. Most buy it now prices for milestone on ebay is 800. If you want to know, try to send a PM to rintin one of the mods, he might be able to give you alittle more info.

shatteredzman

Reaction score

masfet

Reaction score
You can buy Motorola Milestone in Chicago. The last time I checked it was sold for $569 + IL tax. The store is located by Devon Ave and McCormick.

OP
MountainX

MountainX

Reaction score
You can buy Motorola Milestone in Chicago. The last time I checked it was sold for $569 + IL tax. The store is located by Devon Ave and McCormick.

Cool. Thanks. I'd like to get the name and phone number for the store so I can have them ship me a phone.

Is this it?

Overseas Electronics‎http://maps.google.com/maps/place?c...5G9CY72zATG0-TfDA&sig2=ONOkPoSF14urtBkyy0ePKA
http://maps.google.com/maps/place?c...zATG0-TfDA&sig2=ONOkPoSF14urtBkyy0ePKA&dtab=52457 West Devon Avenue, Chicago, IL‎ - (773) 274-3764

Google Maps is handy :)

Last edited:
OP
MountainX

MountainX

Reaction score
I called. They have the Droid for $569. But they are charging $799 for the Milestone. :(

medicTHREE

Reaction score

Being GSM doesn't mean it will work in the US. It hsa to have the right radio frequencies. I don't think it does.

OP
MountainX

MountainX

Reaction score

Being GSM doesn't mean it will work in the US. It hsa to have the right radio frequencies. I don't think it does.

Euro Milestone Frequency bands
GSM 1800
GSM 1900
GSM 850
GSM 900
WCDMA 2100
WCDMA 900
THE 3G BANDS ARE 900/2100 (SO NO 3G FOR EITHER T-MOBILE USA NOR AT&T) BUT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO USE EDGE.

masfet

Reaction score
They already raised up the Milestone price. This phone will work on either T-Mo or ATT, but no 3G data just EDGE.

**************************************************************************************
Call them up they may reduce the price....

Last edited:

greg_p

Reaction score
Don't buy the milestone for using it in US, the modem of the droid is different from the milestone, it's not developed to sync up with US carriers...

shatteredzman

Reaction score
If you want to get 3G buy the milestone version that will be released in Canada or South America. You will still get GSM data otherwise known as edge or 2G. My phone is like that and only has GSM and its sloooow.... I get about 150kb down and 90kb up. And if I put my sim in a phone that gets 3G I get 3000kb down.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I called. They have the Droid for $569. But they are charging $799 for the Milestone. :(

It's £423.19 in the UK...Makes it $700.25 Here :icon_eek: