Need advice on buying Milestone in US

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I called. They have the Droid for $569. But they are charging $799 for the Milestone. :(

It's £423.19 in the UK...Makes it $700.25 Here :icon_eek:

Thanks. I'm giving up on this idea for now. Maybe T-Mobile will pick up this device in 2010...

I was going to pick one up from a buddy in the UK just to turn it around and make a few bucks....but when he told me the cost....that flew out the window.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Don't buy the milestone for using it in US, the modem of the droid is different from the milestone, it's not developed to sync up with US carriers...

But the GSM will still work

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
OP
MountainX

MountainX

Reaction score
I want a US English keyboard. And I plan to use it with T-Mobile.
Where should I buy it from? What price should I expect to pay?

Being GSM doesn't mean it will work in the US. It hsa to have the right radio frequencies. I don't think it does.

Euro Milestone Frequency bands
GSM 1800
GSM 1900
GSM 850
GSM 900
WCDMA 2100
WCDMA 900
THE 3G BANDS ARE 900/2100 (SO NO 3G FOR EITHER T-MOBILE USA NOR AT&T) BUT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO USE EDGE.

Expansys is reporting different info:
Buy a Motorola MILESTONE Android 2.0 Smartphone (UK, Black, QWERTY, Exclusive To eXpansys), #MOT_MSTONEBLK_UK - eXpansys UK

Network:
- 2G: 850/900/1800/1900 (Quad-Band)
- 3G: 850/900/2100 (Tri-Band)
- HSDPA (10.7Mbps)
- HSUPA (5.76Mbps)

MTWIZARD

Reaction score
I have send an email asking Expansys UK for clarification

Thank you,
MTWIZARD

masfet

Reaction score
Expensys advertised everything correctly for Milestone. QUAD band GSM/EDGE/GPRS and DUAL BAND UMTC. Same info is on the Motorola site.

OP
MountainX

MountainX

Reaction score
Expensys advertised everything correctly for Milestone. QUAD band GSM/EDGE/GPRS and DUAL BAND UMTC. Same info is on the Motorola site.

In that case, it looks like a Milestone will work at 3g speed on AT&T in US. But it will only work at 2g speeds on T-Mobile, if I remember my frequencies correctly.

Next, I gotta find some keyboard pictures of the Droid vs. UK Milestone to see how different they are.

And, do I remember correctly that Google's turn-by-turn free nav is running on the Milestone now?

Last edited:

shatteredzman

Reaction score

In that case, it looks like a Milestone will work at 3g speed on AT&T in US. But it will only work at 2g speeds on T-Mobile, if I remember my frequencies correctly.

Next, I gotta find some keyboard pictures of the Droid vs. UK Milestone to see how different they are.

And, do I remember correctly that Google's turn-by-turn free nav is running on the Milestone now?

No it will not work with AT&T, they had the incorrect specs and have fixed it. The UK phone only has 900/2100 and AT&T uses 850/1900. From my research an AT&T compatible milestone will be released this thursday (the 10th) in Argentina for the carrier Personal.

MTWIZARD

Reaction score
850 and 1900

The Expansys Milestone will not work on AT&T 3G. Expansys says sorry for the miss print.

Thank you
MTWIZARD

masfet

Reaction score
Expensys changed the Milestone version they offer. Initially, it was a version w/850/1900MHz band, but now it is w/900/2100MHz.

johnflo88

Reaction score
Expensys changed the Milestone version they offer. Initially, it was a version w/850/1900MHz band, but now it is w/900/2100MHz.
canadian milestone is coming early 2010 and it's going to work in the U.S.
It comes with multitouch (pinch and zoom) and most lightly GPS. I am a canadian waiting for it too and they've the dock for the multimedia and the dock for the GPS (or else why do they sell the gps dock?).Can't wait to be free (control) from apple to get the Droid. :icon_ banana:
For those who are interested check their site:> motorola.ca

shatteredzman

Reaction score
I bet if some smart Brazilians bought the phone and put it on ebay they could make some money since all they have is the 900/2100 phone.