My stolen droid is on craigslist for sale!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hennbc

Reaction score
You should call him and say your gonna buy it and then just kick his @ss.

Or the gun thing would work too

Darkseider

Reaction score
If the police wouldn't help me, I know exactly how I would handle this.:icon_evil:

It would involve a friend, born in 1911 ;).

Personally I have a few friends born in 1911. In this particular case I would probably involve my friend born in 1947 and he would bring along his 100 cousins in a drum.

muzhik

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
OnePlus One
that totally suks, but good thing you had insurance... enjoy your "new" droid.

(did he die?) - lol

OP
toneyl

toneyl

Reaction score
how do you flash a droid onto metro pcs? i thought you couldnt do that, isnt metro a gsm network? so hows that possible? how did the steal it from you at work? someone must of had there eye on your phone for a while and it couold be a co worker yu didnt explain to me in detail

Maybe it's not flashed and that would make more sense. I do know that the phone number in the ad was called by my cell phone (it's on my Verizon bill) and that phone number has an account with MetroPCS (I verified with them).

I work in a small shop and had it sitting on a desk by the computer. A customer could have picked it up (I know, my bad... just stupid!). Anyhow, I just don't want him to be able to sell it.

PLEASE FLAG the cl ad! Thanks!!!

I would love an app that explodes the droid remotely. Or better yet, a homing device app that transforms the droid into a tiny plane so it could fly back home to me!

R

Romple

Last I checked buying/selling stolen property is still against most state and some federal laws. Even if the person selling it on CL didn't physically remove it from your store, it is still illegal for them to sell it. Not sure why the police can't stop it (craigslist is a joke and I don't expect them to do anything).

California Penal Code 496 PC makes it unlawful to knowingly buy, sell, receive, conceal, or withhold stolen property.

Good luck.

marcogiudice

Reaction score
hey give me the link to the ad ill get down to the bottom of this for you, asap! im going to call him and see where he lives and see what we can do from there. my brother is a cop and ill see what he recommends to do. what state do you live in?

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm curious - you said you told the police. What was their response? I'd hope they are doing something about this! I'm sure you can prove ownership of the phone... And VZW - why aren't they shutting the guy down? They most definitely would know it's your phone! Befuddled - mikey

Since I didn't see them take it, police said even if they confront them, the person can just they they bought it off the street. They did take a report though... we'll see. I suspended my VZW account but it is now on MetroPCS. I tried to have MetroPCS disconnect yesterday but they said since I don't have the billing PIN it was set up with (by the thief) that they couldn't do anything. I'm going back today when a Manager is there and the Corporate office is open... I'll let you know what happens.
The ESN number on the phone is like a VIN Number on your vehicle. That's how it will be traced back to you, the proper owner.

marcogiudice

Reaction score
hey give me the link to the ad ill get down to the bottom of this for you, asap!

Here's the link again... PLEASE FLAG! Thanks!!!!

Motorola Droid Full flashed to metro pcs
what county is that town in cali? sorry didnt see the link in your first post either, do you have the esn from the box im going to call and say i have the esn and im with the sheriff;s dept and where tracking that phone as we speak and to drop it off to (tell me what police station to bring it to)?

Last edited:

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
hey give me the link to the ad ill get down to the bottom of this for you, asap!

Here's the link again... PLEASE FLAG! Thanks!!!!

Motorola Droid Full flashed to metro pcs
what county is that town in cali? sorry didnt see the link in your first post either, do you have the esn from the box im going to call and say i have the esn and im with the sheriff;s dept and where tracking that phone as we speak and to drop it off to (tell me police station to bring it to)?

Stockton is in San Joaquin County, CA.

MJ5150

Reaction score
Calling the police is a waste of time. Just have a friend agree to go buy it. Go with him and take it back when you get there.

If you aren't an imposing figure, bring a buddy who is. Wear black pinstripe suits and speak with a think Italian accent to ensure you get what you want.

-Mike

marcogiudice

Reaction score
Calling the police is a waste of time. Just have a friend agree to go buy it. Go with him and take it back when you get there.

If you aren't an imposing figure, bring a buddy who is. Wear black pinstripe suits and speak with a think Italian accent to ensure you get what you want.

-Mike
lol thats funny!

OP
toneyl

toneyl

Reaction score
what county is that town in cali? sorry didnt see the link in your first post either, do you have the esn from the box im going to call and say i have the esn and im with the sheriff;s dept and where tracking that phone as we speak and to drop it off to (tell me what police station to bring it to)?

Move along... nothing to see here!

dancedroid

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.