My stolen droid is on craigslist for sale!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi all! I don't post much, mostly lurk but :heart: my droid and this forum.

My droid was stolen on Saturday :( Checking my verizon bill I found a call had been placed on the phone. Googling the phone number I found this craigslist ad: Motorola Droid Full flashed to metro pcs :icon_evil:. Could you please flag so he can't sell the phone? I responded with this ad: RE: STOLEN Motorola Droid Full flashed to metro pcs - $300.

I found out that the number in the ad is the new phone number of my droid! I actually talked to the guy. I've filed a police report, told Asurion, craigslist, Verizon & metropcs. So far, I have been unable to get it disconnected (I'm going again today). It sucks bigtime!!!

Anyhow, protect your droid! My poor droid is with a stranger now who doesn't care. Any my cases (I had two different ones) are gone. I should get my new (refurbished) droid tomorrow from Asurion but it wont be the same.

This doesn't make sense. How does someone use your phone to call his phone which is now your droid? Are you 100% certain that this guy has your phone? And not several other droids? The guy that stole your phone may have called the guy that is selling it who is likely a fence. Confronting someone like that could get you hurt.

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
I did a reverse lookup on the phone number, it is a landline, you can pay a small fee to find the address. Free People Search | WhitePages

Be careful, and bring some big friends! But yeah, personally i'd set up a meeting with him, acting like i was going to buy it and check the ESN while you are there.

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
ok, I'm going to ask it, since noone else is..... (edit - some have I now see)

1. even if you THINK it is your phone, how do you know

2. how do we know this dude stole this phone and that this isn't just an ex-g/f trying to get back at her ex.

Cops not doing anything about this tells me that 1, she has no proof it was her phone

or

it's not really stolen, just in his possession (meaning, she bought her b/f a droid, they broke up, and now he's trying to sell it and she's pissed)

meanwhile, we got assholes on here who are calling this guy's number.... so much for 'innocent until proven guilty' so long as a girl asks you to harass a guy, huh

OP
toneyl

toneyl

Reaction score
Calling the police is a waste of time. Just have a friend agree to go buy it. Go with him and take it back when you get there.

If you aren't an imposing figure, bring a buddy who is. Wear black pinstripe suits and speak with a think Italian accent to ensure you get what you want.

-Mike

LOL! I have to admit, this thread is making me feel better. Thanks everyone!!!

I'm not really an imposing figure... here's a pic of me from last year's Bay to Breakers. Think I would scare them? I do like pinstripes though...

I actually posted on my facebook (as a JOKE) for a friend w/ a gun to help me retrieve my phone. I had a few exes in NJ that would have had my phone back already but don't have those connections here. So I did try lol!

rebel541

Reaction score
Sorry about getting ripped off, I followed the link and flagged it for you, hopefully everyone else who has read this thread is doing the same. That guy absolutely deserves to get his teeth kicked in.

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
Sorry about getting ripped off, I followed the link and flagged it for you, hopefully everyone else who has read this thread is doing the same. That guy absolutely deserves to get his teeth kicked in.

why, because some anynomous girl poster on a forum board says her droid was stolen and offers no proof whatsoever?

the cops not responding should send a TON of redflags up that this O.P. is full of it because her story ain't adding up

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
I can't help but feel that this thread is getting dangerously out of control, but it is rather entertaining :popcorn:

gruve

Reaction score
I called the number, guy answered and said it's his brother that is selling the phone. His brother (guy selling the phone) is named Sergio. He will be home at 2pm pacific if you want to call him :)

OP
toneyl

toneyl

Reaction score

2. how do we know this dude stole this phone and that this isn't just an ex-g/f trying to get back at her ex.

Cops not doing anything about this tells me that 1, she has no proof it was her phone

or

it's not really stolen, just in his possession (meaning, she bought her b/f a droid, they broke up, and now he's trying to sell it and she's pissed)

meanwhile, we got assholes on here who are calling this guy's number.... so much for 'innocent until proven guilty' so long as a girl asks you to harass a guy, huh

Totally understand, it's hard to prove something on a forum.

I gave the police a copy of my cell phone activity with the phone number from the cl posting as the last phone call... after the phone was out of my possession (the 2nd to last call was to my mom... the last call I made). I just reported what the police told me. This is SF, where there is a lot of crime and huge budget problems. I'm sure this is not their top priority.

When I go to MetroPCS today, I'll have sales receipt, copy of side of box (copied for when I got my $100 rebate), police report number, verizon bill and cl ad. I just want the ESN reported stolen in their system. If the phone number in the ad is not my droid and is his personal cell, fine. But if my droid is active on MetroPCS (like the ad says), I want it inactive.

The number is in Stockton, an easy 1 1/2 hours from here (according to google maps, I've never been there). Not a pissed ex-girlfriend... revenge is not really my style. I just don't want this guy to profit off of my droid.

If you re-read my posts, I only asked that the post be flagged. I didn't ask anyone to harass him. I shouldn't have encouraged calling him (providing Police & ESN info)... I kind of got caught up in it all. I flagged from my laptop and PC but the ad is still there. I don't want him to be able to sell my baby!

It just really pisses me off that no one I've contacted seems to care or want to do anything. No wonder so many phones are stolen. It's so easy to sell & activate them and hard to do something about it (even if you know who took it). This week the transmission in my car went (and has to be dumped because I can't afford to fix it) and my other car I was selling was towed ($550 in towing + $220 in tickets) and this was the last straw and something I "thought" I could do something about. Apparently not.

This was really just a rant and a request to flag the ad since I couldn't do it alone. I still appreciate the support and laughs I got but I think I'll just stick to lurking :)

Reaction score
ok, i'm going to ask it, since noone else is..... (edit - some have i now see)

1. Even if you think it is your phone, how do you know

2. How do we know this dude stole this phone and that this isn't just an ex-g/f trying to get back at her ex.

or

meanwhile, we got assholes on here who are calling this guy's number.... So much for 'innocent until proven guilty' so long as a girl asks you to harass a guy, huh

lololol stoelen cell phone priority #1 hey sanchez get off that murder case we gotta find this phone brb calling my contact at fbi

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score

or

Totally understand, it's hard to prove something on a forum.

I gave the police a copy of my cell phone activity with the phone number from the cl posting as the last phone call... after the phone was out of my possession (the 2nd to last call was to my mom... the last call I made). I just reported what the police told me. This is SF, where there is a lot of crime and huge budget problems. I'm sure this is not their top priority.

When I go to MetroPCS today, I'll have sales receipt, copy of side of box (copied for when I got my $100 rebate), police report number, verizon bill and cl ad. I just want the ESN reported stolen in their system. If the phone number in the ad is not my droid and is his personal cell, fine. But if my droid is active on MetroPCS (like the ad says), I want it inactive.

The number is in Stockton, an easy 1 1/2 hours from here (according to google maps, I've never been there). Not a pissed ex-girlfriend... revenge is not really my style. I just don't want this guy to profit off of my droid.

If you re-read my posts, I only asked that the post be flagged. I didn't ask anyone to harass him. I shouldn't have encouraged calling him (providing Police & ESN info)... I kind of got caught up in it all. I flagged from my laptop and PC but the ad is still there. I don't want him to be able to sell my baby!

It just really pisses me off that no one I've contacted seems to care or want to do anything. No wonder so many phones are stolen. It's so easy to sell & activate them and hard to do something about it (even if you know who took it). This week the transmission in my car went (and has to be dumped because I can't afford to fix it) and my other car I was selling was towed ($550 in towing + $220 in tickets) and this was the last straw and something I "thought" I could do something about. Apparently not.

This was really just a rant and a request to flag the ad since I couldn't do it alone. I still appreciate the support and laughs I got but I think I'll just stick to lurking :)

so, you don't think CL has to have more proof than just "he stole my phone, take his ad down" before they do anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.