Just My Luck

Sounds

Reaction score
My Droid got stolen on Saturday Afternoon by some thief. Snatched it off my hand as I was calling my Mom... what a terrible weekend for me. Anyways, I reported it stolen and such, got it canceled and claiming a new droid.

I know about Mobile Defense, is there any other app I should install? I had it installed on the stolen droid, but the thief turned off GPS and Wireless... so I was unable to track it and give the info to the police...

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
omg he took it right out of your hand while you were on it? where the hell do you live? damn!

OP
S

Sounds

Reaction score
omg he took it right out of your hand while you were on it? where the hell do you live? damn!

I went to see my Ex-Girlfriend (Don't ask, its a rather complicated relationship we have). We live in Los Angeles and I was going to City Walk in Hollywood. This asshole just snatched it off my hand and booked it to the train. I followed him in and asked for it nicely, but he kept saying that he doesn't know what I was talking about. Eventually I annoyed him enough for him to sock me (it didn't hurt tho). He had back up behind me too... Hes screwed if they find him on the Security Cameras. I think assaulting a minor is much more penalizing than assaulting an adult.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You're just asking for trouble if you call the robber "some black guy".

OP
S

Sounds

Reaction score

It actually was, I'm not talking out of my ass. I was in front of him for like 3 minutes before he decided to sock me in the face...

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

It actually was, I'm not talking out of my ass. I was in front of him for like 3 minutes before he decided to sock me in the face...

I wasn't doubting your knowledge of the ethnicity of the robber, I'm saying that its not a good idea to specify the race on a very public forum that enforces "family safe" language, not to mention people of all colors use this forum. Some people may take offense to what you said.

OP
S

Sounds

Reaction score

I wasn't doubting your knowledge of the ethnicity of the robber, I'm saying that its not a good idea to specify the race on a very public forum that enforces "family safe" language, not to mention people of all colors use this forum. Some people may take offense to what you said.

There, I changed it. -_-

xxdieselxx

Reaction score

if that bothers someone , then id say they got issues. id rather believe that ppl wont let something so non offensive define them as a person.

sorry you got jacked man, i am trying out a nice piece of software called wavesecure look it up in the market.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
sorry but i had to change the op. i put thief instead of what was there.

@ titans...he changed his op so maybe you should change yours too so it doesn't reflect the part that could cause controversy. i'll leave that up to you. :D

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
if that bothers someone , then id say they got issues. id rather believe that ppl wont let something so non offensive define them as a person.

sorry you got jacked man, i am trying out a nice piece of software called wavesecure look it up in the market.

That doesn't bother me, because I'm not Black. I don't know where you live, but the world I live in is a very racially sensitive one.

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
Leave the kid alone... this is way off base... it was descriptive, not racial... he was describing the guy.. not name calling. He could have said tall guy, or fat guy, or guy with acne scars... maybe he shouldn't use the word guy because it's prejudice against men...

Racism starts with people pointing fingers at stuff like this where the kid meant nothing by it and none of us "black guys" were offended untill somebody pointed out we might be that small minded... I'm offended by that...

ggtus

Reaction score
I've been using wavesecure, and u can lock your phone with it and leave the crook a message... -unoffended black kid

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
See, this is the exact reason that wavesecure needs to ad an option to send a "50,000 volt" charge remotely to the handset..

Diordna

Reaction score
Leave the kid alone... this is way off base... it was descriptive, not racial... he was describing the guy.. not name calling. He could have said tall guy, or fat guy, or guy with acne scars... maybe he shouldn't use the word guy because it's prejudice against men...

Racism starts with people pointing fingers at stuff like this where the kid meant nothing by it and none of us "black guys" were offended untill somebody pointed out we might be that small minded... I'm offended by that...

+1

Who gives a crap if he calls it some black guy. If someone is offended on this forum, then get over it.

Point is though, kid got a droid stolen from him. Can't believe you were right in his face and everything, anyone around you guys that could help or something? Was it like causing a controversy in the train like everyone was watching you guys?