Just My Luck

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Sounds, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Sounds

Sounds New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My Droid got stolen on Saturday Afternoon by some thief. Snatched it off my hand as I was calling my Mom... what a terrible weekend for me. Anyways, I reported it stolen and such, got it canceled and claiming a new droid.

I know about Mobile Defense, is there any other app I should install? I had it installed on the stolen droid, but the thief turned off GPS and Wireless... so I was unable to track it and give the info to the police...

2. Corinacakes

Corinacakes Super Moderator
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +3
    omg he took it right out of your hand while you were on it? where the hell do you live? damn!

3. Sounds

Sounds New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I went to see my Ex-Girlfriend (Don't ask, its a rather complicated relationship we have). We live in Los Angeles and I was going to City Walk in Hollywood. This asshole just snatched it off my hand and booked it to the train. I followed him in and asked for it nicely, but he kept saying that he doesn't know what I was talking about. Eventually I annoyed him enough for him to sock me (it didn't hurt tho). He had back up behind me too... Hes screwed if they find him on the Security Cameras. I think assaulting a minor is much more penalizing than assaulting an adult.

4. titans

titans Premium Member
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You're just asking for trouble if you call the robber "some black guy".

5. Sounds

Sounds New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It actually was, I'm not talking out of my ass. I was in front of him for like 3 minutes before he decided to sock me in the face...

6. titans

titans Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I wasn't doubting your knowledge of the ethnicity of the robber, I'm saying that its not a good idea to specify the race on a very public forum that enforces "family safe" language, not to mention people of all colors use this forum. Some people may take offense to what you said.

7. Sounds

Sounds New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There, I changed it. -_-

8. bomber889

bomber889 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You shoulda fought him

9. xxdieselxx

xxdieselxx Member

Ratings:
    +0

if that bothers someone , then id say they got issues. id rather believe that ppl wont let something so non offensive define them as a person.

sorry you got jacked man, i am trying out a nice piece of software called wavesecure look it up in the market.

10. Corinacakes

Corinacakes Super Moderator
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +3
    sorry but i had to change the op. i put thief instead of what was there.

@ titans...he changed his op so maybe you should change yours too so it doesn't reflect the part that could cause controversy. i'll leave that up to you. :D

11. titans

titans Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That doesn't bother me, because I'm not Black. I don't know where you live, but the world I live in is a very racially sensitive one.

12. b00mb00mchuck

b00mb00mchuck Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Leave the kid alone... this is way off base... it was descriptive, not racial... he was describing the guy.. not name calling. He could have said tall guy, or fat guy, or guy with acne scars... maybe he shouldn't use the word guy because it's prejudice against men...

Racism starts with people pointing fingers at stuff like this where the kid meant nothing by it and none of us "black guys" were offended untill somebody pointed out we might be that small minded... I'm offended by that...