My Razr MAXX has a horrible battery life! What's going on??

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
i usually keep it turned off cause i text through out the whole day and that kills my battery.....is there an app or widget for a shortcut to turning off background data that anyone knows of?

Extended controls or Smart Actions.

Sent my new Droid Razr Maxx

Crf450r420

Reaction score
I'm in a 4G city and got about 20% after over 12 hours. I did charge when I could, so maybe 20 min if charge. Nothing turned off, but Wifi and bluetooth. Not other power saving. While doing heavy to medium use.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForums

OP
P

Phillies

Reaction score
Well, I got my replacement Maxx. First full day with it yesterday was decent. Nothing special but it lasted the day. Now today, I didn't even leave for work yet and 3 1/2 hours on battery I am down to 76% with a display time of 42 minutes uesing 47% of the battery. It was mostly time on facebook. Maybe this phone justu isn't as good as advertised.... :(

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Okay try this. I don't have the Maxx yet(ordered it today!) I do have the Droid Charge. I had a huge battery drain and could not figure out what the heck was causing it. I found out after doing some digging. Facebook app. I uninstalled and instead use Friendcaster. Huge improvement in battery life. I don't know what FB did to there app but it was staying awake and sucking power like no ones business. So try that and see how it works. You can touch the facebook app in the usage menu and it tells you how long it stays awake. Good luck!

SEColwell

Reaction score
If fb is the problem you can go to task manager and put it on an auto end list which ends the app 2 min after screen goes off

Mr.Colwell's Razr Maxx covered with an otterbox defender with an invisisheild screen protector! ®™

OP
P

Phillies

Reaction score
Thanks. I will try that. Also, this morning i had this flashing white target looking symbol on top of my display. It went away now but what was that and maybe that killed my battery?

OP
P

Phillies

Reaction score
Hmm... i wonder why the GPS symbol was flashing like that... maybe it is facebook... going to look into it...

Section_10

Reaction score
Facebook is a drain. But it is not THE problem, but part of a larger one. I did several factory resets and never loaded facebook and it continued a battery drain, phone not sleeping properly. Drained 40points overnight, everthing set to auto end.
Even when Facebook set to auto end, it either will still run or many other processes keep running and draining.
Some people here have reported great battery life, that was entirely different from my experierence. There's either a huge OS or software glitch or just many defective units that simply doesn't allow the phone to sleep or many bad batteries. Explains why they're not shipping them to stores...

SEColwell

Reaction score
This what mine says about fb....I did delete my Facebook and after 2 days reactivated it and when I installed the app again after 45 min a notification popped up and said fb had been running for 45 min and had a few options to choose from....my GPS is on all the time and fb doesn't seem to be an issue

Mr.Colwell's Razr Maxx covered with an otterbox defender with an invisisheild screen protector! ®™

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
I'm going to second FB as a major battery drain. Yesterday I was on FB and in little over an hour I had used 25% of my battery.

Sent my new Droid Razr Maxx

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
Facebook = battery drain. It keeps GPS on all the time as well as keeps running the application. Even using that though, I think the OP is getting great battery life from a smartphone. No one seems to really understand that we are asking our phone with a little itty bitty battery (yes, even the Maxx has a tiny battery compared to my laptop) to do everything that a full blown laptop computer does. My laptop with a huge battery won't last more than 6 hours of constant use. Please remember these are phones with a powerful computer and a tiny battery.
If you're going to use FB that much (or use your phone as a computer with any data usage), expect the battery life that you have been getting to stay the same with any phone you have, in fact much worse with other smartphones.

My advise...take it for what it's worth: use your phone however you want, but just charge it nightly and be happy.

KeepInitReel

Reaction score
Hmmm, when I open the fb app the GPS turns off once it gets my location. It doesn't stay on continuous while using the app.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk

treyinga

Reaction score
I would love some advice on my maxx too after reading this thread. I am at 50% and have done light usage today. I listened to music on my way in (20%)

The battery uses says my Android OS is responsible for 42% of my battery.. Does that sound even remotely reasonable? Google maps is at 11% and I have not even used that today and my GPS is off.