Razr Maxx battery life

Andielyn

Reaction score
I also want to thank you for the suggestions! I have a new RAZR MAXX and I am not getting the battery life I expect, either. In fact, I thought they sent me a RAZR in error ;) so I compared them physically in the Verizon store today and yep, I have the MAXX. I have had my phone less than a week with low to moderate use. I am in a 3G area so I have turned off the 4G to see if that's the drain. Ironically that doesn't show in under "battery use".

So a naive question: when I am in a 4G area, will I still get the same sort of 4G search battery drain or is the drain occurring while it is looking for a 4G signal?

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
I also want to thank you for the suggestions! I have a new RAZR MAXX and I am not getting the battery life I expect, either. In fact, I thought they sent me a RAZR in error ;) so I compared them physically in the Verizon store today and yep, I have the MAXX. I have had my phone less than a week with low to moderate use. I am in a 3G area so I have turned off the 4G to see if that's the drain. Ironically that doesn't show in under "battery use".

So a naive question: when I am in a 4G area, will I still get the same sort of 4G search battery drain or is the drain occurring while it is looking for a 4G signal?

How many hours are you getting on a charge. What kind of usage are you doing. I can get 14 hours with heavy usage and 22 hours with normal usage. All in 4G area on a single charge.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
How many hours are you getting on a charge. What kind of usage are you doing. I can get 14 hours with heavy usage and 22 hours with normal usage. All in 4G area on a single charge.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

I was wondering this as well?? I am quite impressed with battery life so far. What are you expecting and what do you consider low to moderate use? Yesterday I talked on the phone did texts and used GPS and had 50% left when I went to bed at midnight and I was off charge at 7am. I am also in a 3G area and turned off 4G. I am home most of the day and have data and gps off unless I leave. I watched two netflix shows the day before as well as talked on the phone and again was around 60% battery by the end of the day.

Andielyn

Reaction score
I was wondering this as well?? I am quite impressed with battery life so far. What are you expecting and what do you consider low to moderate use? Yesterday I talked on the phone did texts and used GPS and had 50% left when I went to bed at midnight and I was off charge at 7am. I am also in a 3G area and turned off 4G. I am home most of the day and have data and gps off unless I leave. I watched two netflix shows the day before as well as talked on the phone and again was around 60% battery by the end of the day.

Thanks for the replies. When I was thinking moderate use, I downloaded a few apps but not much app activity, a few phone calls, texts, checked/sent a few emails, etc. The first full day with a full charge I spent a good bit of time playing with it and familiarizing myself with it so I had my display on a good bit. I was down to under 30% by bed, and I didn't expect it to be that low. Yesterday early evening I checked the battery usage, and phone calls were ~40% of my power consumption and I had a total talk time of 38 minutes (and the battery was currently at 40%). I haven't crunched the numbers yet but that just off the cuff seems a little low. I think of heavy usage and video, gaming, etc.

Right now I'm at 70% with 43% being display (3.5 hours) total time on battery ~11 hrs. WiFi 17%, OS 17%, and haven't really used it for anything today except standby.

I don't feel I've really pushed it yet so I'm curious. Other than figuring out the battery issue, I LOVE this phone! This is actually my first smartphone and I have been watching the market for awhile but when the RAZR MAXX came out and Verizon had the Leap Day sale (plus double data, etc.) I knew it was time to act, even though 4G is not in my area yet. I do realize that I'm not going to get battery life I'm used to from a basic cell phone, so I'm not expecting that.

Thanks for any enlightenment.

edited: I should say I JUST turned off the 4G after reading that suggestion in this thread, not that I had turned it off previously.

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Right now I'm at 70% with 43% being display (3.5 hours) total time on battery ~11 hrs. WiFi 17%, OS 17%, and haven't really used it for anything today except standby.

Well right now 3:30pm EST been off charger sense 7am. I have 75% battery. Voice calls 44%(1hr) OS 21% wi-fi 10% display 6%(46 mn). I keep my display at the lowest setting not for battery conservation just because I still think its to bright. So really that is not to bad 3.5 hr of display is quite a while. The first day I got mine I had the display on for 5 or 6 hrs and by the time I went to bed it was down to 30% and it was off a full charge around noon that day and I plugged it in around midnight.

Have you set up any smart settings like turning your cell data off when your on Wi fi at home and keeping the GPS off as well?

Andielyn

Reaction score
So really that is not to bad 3.5 hr of display is quite a while. The first day I got mine I had the display on for 5 or 6 hrs and by the time I went to bed it was down to 30% and it was off a full charge around noon that day and I plugged it in around midnight.

Have you set up any smart settings like turning your cell data off when your on Wi fi at home and keeping the GPS off as well?

I have a few smart settings set up but need to take a better look at that. I was surprised when I saw the display time, actually. No, I haven't had cell data off when I'm on wifi. Thanks for the tips!

Andielyn

Reaction score
update: awesome battery life now

You guys rock! Adjusted my settings according to your suggestions and I a;)m seeing a big difference in my battery life. I think turning off 4G helped a lot. I am now at almost 18 hours and 70 percent! Yea! Thanks for the help.